Newbie, sorry!

Firstly, I agree 100% with everything James said above ^^^

Secondly, I'd like to say that my experience has been that everything works better on the Mac. I use a PC every day at work, and I know Windows better than most of its users do. I've built PCs from scratch with parts bought at shows, etc.

And I will never look back to the PC platform again. Apple is leading the industry, and the future looks brighter than ever for them. My Macs never crash, peripherals always work properly, I never have driver conflicts, viruses, spyware, etc. Software updates always install without any ill effect (try that in Windows) and most of all, I never find myself saying "I wish I had a PC with Windows so I could __________."

The advantages of the Mac platform for music/video are mirrored for every other type of task. Try Microsoft Office on the Mac sometime - you'll never want to use the Windows version again.

Back to the topic at hand - I'd recommend getting an MBox. The sooner you can go to hard-disk based recording, the better.

Got a G5 dual processor, G4 imac, and a PC. G5 is like an alien life form, Handles everything I throw at it with no problems. G4 imac I use to store all my music and graphic art and the web also no problems. PC huh, collecting dust, feezes up, has some kind of virus and I cant get rid of . But it has a very cool gaming card if I ever get back into playing games. As for what this thread was about, I had tons of fun and learned alot when I got my aw16g yamaha. All in one, tons of fun! Eventually if music becomes your life you will move up to computer based systems. My 2 cents.

Jesus, this really didn't have to turn into another Mac-owns-PC-in-every-way collection of testimonies. I respect what you guys are saying, and you're totally right, I probably was out of line with that comment. I've already stated in the past why I tend to use PCs (range of software, gaming, modularity), but I can totally deal with the fact that Macs tend to run smoother, more reliably and in for alot of tasks, faster than PCs.

So please James, try to cool down a bit man, we didn't have to ruin a perfectly good thread.

Moonlapse said:
Jesus, this really didn't have to turn into another Mac-owns-PC-in-every-way collection of testimonies. I respect what you guys are saying, and you're totally right, I probably was out of line with that comment. I've already stated in the past why I tend to use PCs (range of software, gaming, modularity), but I can totally deal with the fact that Macs tend to run smoother, more reliably and in for alot of tasks, faster than PCs.

So please James, try to cool down a bit man, we didn't have to ruin a perfectly good thread.
lol.. perhaps you missed the ":p" at the end of my post.... that should have clued you to my actual mood as i typed.... but, as per usual when you disagree with someone in "print" on the internet, you have decided to put agression or anger into my tone..... sorry, it just wasn't there.

i enjoy the debate, but there is no anger or maliciousness in it... relax guy, take a rest! :p

Yeah but the thing was that the smiley totally contradicted the general tone of the post, so it didn't really have the effect of supporting a light-hearted argument as much as it did have an effect of being some sort of reconcilliatory measure at the end of a full-out literary assault. :lol:

But good to hear that all's cool, it's still kinda sad that this thread was claimed as a casualty though, haha.

Moonlapse said:
Yeah but the thing was that the smiley totally contradicted the general tone of the post, so it didn't really have the effect of supporting a light-hearted argument as much as it did have an effect of being some sort of reconcilliatory measure at the end of a full-out literary assault. :lol:

But good to hear that all's cool, it's still kinda sad that this thread was claimed as a casualty though, haha.
semantics.... yer just butthurt;)

j/k

\m/