Newer fans (less than 2 years), what is your favorite Opeth album?

Best Opeth album?

• Orchid

Votes: 9 10.2%
  • Morningrise

Votes: 11 12.5%
  • My Arms, Your Hearse

Votes: 14 15.9%
  • Still Life

Votes: 31 35.2%
  • Blackwater Park

Votes: 17 19.3%
  • Deliverance

Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Damnation

Votes: 2 2.3%

• Total voters
Benzine said:
I've been listening to Opeth for about 6 months and Still life is by far my favourite. I still don't see whats so great about morningrise

If you haven't yet, give it a couple spins in a comfortable atmosphere. It took me a while to get into the first half too but I've loved the whole thing for quite a while now. Especially the riffs are so spectacular and the vocals so intense.
I have nothing against people who might not like it (doh), just saying it at least needs to be given a chance. :)

Np: Star One - Starchild

I like all the band's albums, now, but I had to go with Blackwater Park just on the basis that I feel like I have to spin the entire disc when I listen to it. It just has this flow to it that I can't really describe. :)

I wasn't too into Orchid or Morningrise when I first heard them, but I also felt the same way about some other albums in my collection that later became favorites that I refuse to part with (i.e. Mr. Bungle's Disco Volante and California, King Diamond's The Eye, Rush's Vapor Trails, Björk's Vespertine, etc.) and recently got into them quite deeply. It was probably just a different headspace that I was in when I first heard those discs, I suppose. :Spin: