News about the CD

Hey guys, so... I'm looking at ticketmaster/livenation and see the tickets for SX's LA Concert on May 10, 2011, and it says each ticket is 55 dollars. Is that right? That is more expensive than I'd have expected, so I'm wondering if I'm even looking at the right show/seating/tickets or whatever :p

No freaking kidding. A tour is announced and still no update on the new cd. Oh yeah, didn't mention we get an apology about the lack of updates yet here we are back in the same situation.

Don't worry, it was mentioned back in May that they finally got the update process sorted out so we would get updates and pictures from the studio and that sort of fun stuff. :)

I'm thinking about the positive results of this extremely long delay. Since I got sick of waiting last summer, I decided to dig deep into the bowels of other prog metal bands and I know a lot more now about the prog scene than I did before! Also, I got so bored, I even decided to start writing my own album. This situation will be even better if this next album surpasses V. Look at Orphaned Land's classic "Mabool". It took six years to make and is still their best album to date!

(sigh) no Albany dates. I hope more US dates will be added.

Are there any clubs in Albany to play Hard Rock / Metal? I know Northern Lights in Clifton Park caters to some.

Back in the day my old band would played QE2 in Albany but that was about it.

Saratoga Winners was where we always played and went.

SX played northern lights in 07. They could play revolution hall or valentine's too. Saratoga Winners burned down a few years ago when the owner lit it on fire after going bankrupt.

Don't worry, it was mentioned back in May that they finally got the update process sorted out so we would get updates and pictures from the studio and that sort of fun stuff. :)

I see what you did there

Well, last year's december they started to record the album, in february it "could be done", the last update was in october, and now they are announcing tour dates with no updates on the album.

Well, based on previous experiences, we can assume a fairly accurate time of 4 years untill the album is released.

why don't we all forget about it?? there are a lot of strong releases like Seventh Wonder's new masterpiece. ;)

why don't we all forget about it?? there are a lot of strong releases like Seventh Wonder's new masterpiece. ;)

Yeah... and Theocracy's new album coming out... can't wait for that. :devil:

Still though... man I'd love to hear more Symphony X.

It sounds like this upcoming tour won't be in support of the new album. This reminds me of when Dream Theater took a "Break from the Studio" tour or whatever it was called back in I think 2002 while they were recording Train of Thought. I think that's like what SX are doing now. Typically after an album and release date are announced, it takes 3-4 months until it's in stores. The album might come out just before the tour but idk. My guess is as good as anyone's.

I just thought of the possibility of SX announcing the new album tonight at midnight since it's New Year's Eve but it probably won't happen. It'd be cool though. That would be awesome if they played like a 2 hour concert then at midnight they announced the album and played the entire thing live. My fantasy is just spinning out of control here.

It sounds like this upcoming tour won't be in support of the new album. This reminds me of when Dream Theater took a "Break from the Studio" tour or whatever it was called back in I think 2002 while they were recording Train of Thought. I think that's like what SX are doing now. Typically after an album and release date are announced, it takes 3-4 months until it's in stores. The album might come out just before the tour but idk. My guess is as good as anyone's.

I just thought of the possibility of SX announcing the new album tonight at midnight since it's New Year's Eve but it probably won't happen. It'd be cool though. That would be awesome if they played like a 2 hour concert then at midnight they announced the album and played the entire thing live. My fantasy is just spinning out of control here.

Dream Theater released Six Degrees in 2002....

I heard someone suggest the album may come out mid-tour, which would suck because Philly is the first North American stop