News Shadows Fall....a bargain

MetalHeadMarc

Dark Lord of the Sith
Sep 7, 2002
Tallahassee, FL
Visit site
hey guys, I just picked a the new shadows fall record. I'm somewhat of a fan for the guys because they do have a great live show but I was a little hesitant of the buyin another record of theirs. They have it at best buy for 7.99, so I was impressed and picked it up, turns out its the limited edition with bonus dvd wtih concert footage and lessons from the guitarists and drummer. for 8 bucks, i don't care if you like the band, thats a bargain. If you don't live near a best buy, they do have it on their website as well.

I picked up "The War Within" by Shadows Fall at Target yesterday. It was $9.99 but came with a bonus dvd and a bonus Century Media disc featuring God Forbid, The Haunted, Diecast, Heaven Shall Burn, and Stampin' Ground. I never cared for Shadows Fall before but I was hearing all this amazing stuff about it including it being metal album of the year and some even saying it is their Master of Puppets. After some hesitation I decided to buy it. I am very impressed. They truly did take a traditional metal route on this album and aside from Shadows Fall style I can hear some Metallica, Iron Maiden, and Children Of Bodom influence on here. The song "Ghost of Past Failures" even has a close to the same vibe as the song "Navigator" from the latest Edguy album Hellfire Club. This album has blown me away and I am truly truly impressed.

I preordered it a number of weeks ago, through Tower Records, usually avoid that corporate store. They had it for $10.99 & you got a free poster, the double disc & Dvd, plus a bonus booklet signed by the entire band...
It was a fucking steal man! Plus it arrived a couple of days before the actual release date. Fucking score. It's one of the best records of 2004 to boot!