shadows fall

enemy within

New Metal Member
Sep 22, 2002
mass
Visit site
i dont know if anyone likes them but i picked up their new cd the art of balance and personally i think it is a great cd, they do a cover or pink floyd its pretty good, i compare it to of one blood and they are equal i think they both kick ass none of them are better they are both wicked good. it came with a cd rom disc where they play 2 videos a live song in japan and a interview its cool.

hahahahah i just noticed u are from massachusetts as well and i was going to ask u how you never got tired f seeing them open every show before they got big but then i realized ur age....

where in MA do u live?

Shadows Fall are one of the bands that are slowly rising out of the "underground metal mush" here in America that all the Nu Metal fans don't care about. Bands like Shadows Fall will open many eyes and give birth to many new metalheads.
I give them praise. They are Pariahs.

they are a boring hardcore metal crossover band.. the same type of band that has been prevalent in MA for years... they are nothing new...and far from a breathe of fresh air... for christ sake they toured with Kittie and now are goin on tour with Mushroomhead....... their old vocalist Phil was better suited for them..... they are all cockstars now ...gay.

Pshh Shadows Fall are an excellent band. Fuck anyone who says differently. Just because they focus on melody and aren't fuckin' BR00TAL DEATH!!!111 doesn't mean shit. I find it good they've toured with bands like Kittie and glassjaw..it gives kids who have no idea what good music is and are stuck in the shitty nu metal phase something with some complexity and ferocity. They rule. Nuff said.

Originally posted by Lynneaus
they are a boring hardcore metal crossover band..

You obviously haven't been listening to their new album. While Brian Fair does use hardcore-like vocals quite a bit, the band is FAR, FAR from being hardcore. In fact, the new album is more thrash than anything else. It might not be the most innovative style of music, but it isn't simply metalcore.

Go check out my review of the latest album here at UM.

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=51854