Next Tranquillity album

UndoControl said:
If this is what you mean, then, as long as they make great music, does it really matter if they're #1 or #500 on metal charts?

Definitely not to me and I believe neither to the guys. My post wasnt about charts, but about the new fans they got with those 2 albums and the tours. An avant-garde or surreal album would confuse these new guys, cause they dont really know the band for long and wont probably be able to digest such a change, and it would probably mean a commercial retreat. I sincerely believe that these things dont really influence their work, but you know we both share our opinion about the last 2 pieces - its up to the guys I guess.

AFAIK, DT always went through 2 releases trends. "The Gallery / the Mind's I", "Projector / Haven" and "Damage Done / Character". My conclusion is that if they think the way I think they do. They have now exploited this pattern enough and got somewhat bored of it. I figure they are now ready to move on to something new and different. Also, I might be totally wrong, but I don't care.

About Projector and Haven, they are not similar but they do have the same slower and darker ambiance/feel. Also, Skydancer was their first full-length and its style somewhat links to their earlier productions and Of Chaos... This can sum up the same quantity of work as two full-lengths.

Well whatever if you want, you still have to agree that all these releases carry a much heavier and classical-influenced songwriting. More in the vicinity of old At The Gates stuff if you want...

Charting their way to top...

I think I've already said this before, but I believe The gallery/The Mind's I and Projector/Haven/Damage Done/Character. I could refine it from there, but I think that's general enough for me. As for Skydancer, it goes in with the Sceptic Broiler stuff, even though it's much different. I just like to group them very generally, not to specific

RampageSword said:
AFAIK, DT always went through 2 releases trends. "The Gallery / the Mind's I", "Projector / Haven" and "Damage Done / Character". My conclusion is that if they think the way I think they do. They have now exploited this pattern enough and got somewhat bored of it. I figure they are now ready to move on to something new and different. Also, I might be totally wrong, but I don't care.

Thats an interesting observation. Now that I think of it, you are right.

Acoustic guitar solos a la "rumba flamenca" style like in "Mine is the grandeur..." would be awesome.

With classical music. And clear voices. And harsch ones too. With a female companion (that goes without talking he).

So it would come out like...:

Flamenco-symphonic-electro-Gothenburg-Metal