Next weekend - Umos Soulseek weekend !!

carnut

\m/
Apr 29, 2004
Helgium
Lot's of people here are sometimes on Soulseek, but we rarely come there together...So, let's organise an official UMOS Soulseek weekend !! Next weekend all try to be online as much as possible, so we surely will meet and can have a chat !
So, see you guys and galls this weekend ??????:headbang:

Cool. I will be around. Since the weather is nice it really is hard to stay inside.

I will have to burn that Jackal, Vague Visions for you guys!

Hawk, Will you please sticky this thread so we can all remember?!?!

I'll most likely be on the net anyway because it's NFL draft weekend. Huuuuuge weekend. On the phone with friends and checking out what's going on with the draft. Sounds like fun! I ain't ever done it so it should be fun. :kickass:

I'm going to the Tierra Santa concert on Friday night, I hope to wake up at a decent time on Saturday to be there...of course my decent time it's late for the Europeans :lol:

@Kitty:
  • just download SS from http://www.slsknet.org/download.html.
  • Configure an account (pretty simple, just login with your nickname and a password of your choice).
  • once inside go to the room panel and choice (right click) to add a room
  • then add UM Old School exactly as typed
  • right now Droogie, Hawk and Carnut are there (and probably all asleep :lol: )

If you need more help PM me ;)

BTW, I will need some people to re-add me to their lists. I modified my computer and I "can't see" some of you :cry:

NP: Freedom Call - 'Heart Of The Brave'

Don't worry about what "time-of-day" you are on, many of us are a half a world away from each other. Hawk and I found out he was 8 hours ahead of me. Just remember that your morning may be someone else's evening, and vice versa. So just drop in whenever you can. I consider it a brilliant move for carnut to make it an UMOS "weekend". That's the only way it can be a success due to drastic time differences and improbability of scheduling a bunch of us to a narrow 4-6 hour window like a "Friday night".

I'll be stopping in as often as schedule allows. I hope to see many of you there!

UMOS :worship:

Especially for the occasion I put up some very rare unreleased records of the 80's. These have been recently gathered by some obscure record labels and released in very limited amount (300 to 500) on vinyl. Most are sold out already, but you can get them in MP3 format from me.. Future Tense, Pagan Altar, Invicta, Aceium, Powersurge, Jack The Ripper, Damien Thorne & Frigid Bitch.... You can find them in my 80's folder...

Trans-Siberian Outcast said:
Don't worry about what "time-of-day" you are on, many of us are a half a world away from each other. Hawk and I found out he was 8 hours ahead of me. Just remember that your morning may be someone else's evening, and vice versa. So just drop in whenever you can. I consider it a brilliant move for carnut to make it an UMOS "weekend". That's the only way it can be a success due to drastic time differences and improbability of scheduling a bunch of us to a narrow 4-6 hour window like a "Friday night".

I'll be stopping in as often as schedule allows. I hope to see many of you there!

UMOS :worship:

Remember also that you can leave behind messages for people. They will get them when they get online.

Also you can download and upload to people as long as they are online.

I think I will not be getting much sleep next weekend. I would love to chat with you TSO! :)

Hawk said:
Remember also that you can leave behind messages for people. They will get them when they get online.

Also you can download and upload to people as long as they are online.

I think I will not be getting much sleep next weekend. I would love to chat with you TSO! :)
One issue is I don't really know how to work SoulSeek very well. I've never had any success in downloading anything, so it's rarely used for anything other than a chat room. I'll have to spend some time in there this week and re-familiarize myself with the program.

Do we need to have each other's usernames on our list in order to see them in the chat room? Or just to download from?

Trans-Siberian Outcast said:
One issue is I don't really know how to work SoulSeek very well. I've never had any success in downloading anything, so it's rarely used for anything other than a chat room. I'll have to spend some time in there this week and re-familiarize myself with the program.

Do we need to have each other's usernames on our list in order to see them in the chat room? Or just to download from?

If you can find the UM Old School room you will see usernames and than you can add them to your list by clicking on them . If you can't find the room "refresh" the room list and it will be somewhere below , depending on how many people are in the room at that moment...
You can add users to your list already, like my nick is carnut, ... watch out! nicknames and rooms in SS are case sensitive !