NFL 2014

I'll wait till the reasons for the deflation are fully explained by the NFL before drawing any conclusions for this. I will be disappointed in my team if it turns out it was deliberate, but as of yet I'm not yielding to the fervent anti-Patriots bias endemic anywhere outside New England, including in the media.

Frankly even if some member of the Patriots staff intentionally deflated the footballs, it didn't have a meaningful impact on the game, and is of magnitudes less disgusting than Spygate. Mainly interested in whether Belichik was involved. If so, regardless of the benefit or lack thereof, the guy has shown a pattern of disgusting behavior and should be off the sidelines for the Super Bowl and suspended for at least a year, given the penalty for Payton.

Aaron Rodgers think its dumb for a QB to want to deflate them and Leinart says every team fucks with their balls. I think this is really dumb, and glad I haven't heard any bitching from the Colts yet

Belichick undoubtedly knew about this. His press conference was the standard denials: i know nothing, saw nothing.

Deflators gonna deflate

Which is why certain articles have called Belichik, if he did have something to do with it, a mere schmuck. Minor decrease in the chance of fumbling for for all this. Gotta love this image though:

deflatriots.png

Well this is interesting.....

http://www.sharpfootballanalysis.com/blog/?p=2932

There is no other team even close to being near to their rate of 187 offensive plays (passes+rushes+sacks) per fumble. The league average is 105 plays/fumble. Most teams are within 21 plays of that number.

Which in layman’s terms means that this result only being a coincidence, is like winning a raffle where you have a 0.0000616 probability to win. Which in other words, it’s very unlikely that it’s a coincidence.

As you can see, the Patriots won their Super Bowls having a below average rate of fumbles lost given today’s average of 105 plays/game. But in 2007, something happened to propel them to a much better rate (you’ll remember, that just so happened to be the same year they went 16-0 in the regular season). But even looking at these numbers, its clear how insane the 187 number is: they are almost running 100 MORE plays without a single fumble as compared to the 2002-2006 period when they won 2 of their 3 Super Bowls.