NHL kicks off in Prague

I'd say that "statement game" has had its lingering affect against the Habs.:D

Sure Riffage, its just one game and it isn't the end all be all. But at this point of the year with the 2-points being a premium...the whole rivalry thing...and being a so called "grudge match" since the whole Chara hit on Paccioreti. Thats what I meant going into it as a "statement game"! If Montreal "didn't show up and didn't come to play" as you put it...then I'd be a bit worried? How the fook do you not show up for that game? No retaliation on Chara...then basically quiting in the game. Gave up a 5 on 3 short-handed goal...thats embarrassing...but amusing!

Your obviously a retard (just joking. figure of speech)...how would someone retaliate against Chara, the guy is 6 foot fucking 9. There is no one to do anything besides Gill who is 6 foot 7. But he doesn't fight at all. No one showed up to the game. When they break out of this horrible slump, I guarantee that things will go back to where they we're by utilizing quick passes with speed. The past 3 games we're definitely the worst slump I've seen in a long ass time. There initial passes we're god aweful, there execution was pathetic.

Slumps happen to every team. I just think there getting a bit drained. Which isn't a good thing. I have faith in them, when a slump like this happens they usually come out gunning to get out of it. And if they get there shit together in the last 6 games, they could be a scary team. I just wish they didn't put 4 forwards on the PP. Plekanec's is not a d-man he's a fucking centerman, put Subban with Wisniewski like it used to be on the pp pairing and things change for sure.

I'll finish off by saying this: Jacques Martin made them skate there ass off today with no pucks, so if that doesn't send a clear enough message then all hope is lost.

The Canucks haven't lost a playoff series against a lower seeded team since the lockout. This "choker" status some people want to give them doesn't make sense.

I think this particularly pertains to Luongo. When you need him at his best, he just shits the bed. I think the Canucks could've beaten Chicago both years they played them, but Luongo put on some on the worst performances I've seen from an "elite" level goaltender. I certainly won't forget that 7-5 loss to Chicago. :erk:

I think this particularly pertains to Luongo. When you need him at his best, he just shits the bed. I think the Canucks could've beaten Chicago both years they played them, but Luongo put on some on the worst performances I've seen from an "elite" level goaltender. I certainly won't forget that 7-5 loss to Chicago. :erk:

Schneider is the best backup in the league so I'm not worried about any potential goalie troubles really.

Your obviously a retard (just joking. figure of speech)...how would someone retaliate against Chara, the guy is 6 foot fucking 9. There is no one to do anything besides Gill who is 6 foot 7. But he doesn't fight at all. No one showed up to the game. When they break out of this horrible slump, I guarantee that things will go back to where they we're by utilizing quick passes with speed. The past 3 games we're definitely the worst slump I've seen in a long ass time. There initial passes we're god aweful, there execution was pathetic.

Slumps happen to every team. I just think there getting a bit drained. Which isn't a good thing. I have faith in them, when a slump like this happens they usually come out gunning to get out of it. And if they get there shit together in the last 6 games, they could be a scary team. I just wish they didn't put 4 forwards on the PP. Plekanec's is not a d-man he's a fucking centerman, put Subban with Wisniewski like it used to be on the pp pairing and things change for sure.

I'll finish off by saying this: Jacques Martin made them skate there ass off today with no pucks, so if that doesn't send a clear enough message then all hope is lost.

I hear ya. And I'd probably fare better in a fight against Chara than Gill would and I'm only 5'9"...lol. Honestly, as big as they both are...neither really don't fight well. Ryan White would probably tool-up Chara...thats what I was expecting in that last game? But I'm guessing White isn't always in the line up?

Right now the B's will probably face Montreal or the Rangers. And tbh I'd be very disappointed, but I wouldn't be shocked in the least if the B's got bounced in the first round. Who the hell knows? Come playoffs...it doesn't matter how tough you are, how good the goaltending is, how well the D- is playing? In the end, of course you need that star player to step up and score timely goals in a short series. As solid as they are...I'm not sure the B's have that guy? Guess I fear that the B's are built for the reg season...not the playoffs? hope i'm wrong.

must be watching different sports, because in hockey different sized players fight all the time, and take beatings for their teams. Guess canadians are just a bunch of bitches!

Schneider is the best backup in the league so I'm not worried about any potential goalie troubles really.

You're right, Schneider is a great goaltender! But the real question is, if or perhaps when Luongo starts playing horribly, will they actually pull him and replace him with Schneider? I would hope so.

I hear ya. And I'd probably fare better in a fight against Chara than Gill would and I'm only 5'9"...lol. Honestly, as big as they both are...neither really don't fight well. Ryan White would probably tool-up Chara...thats what I was expecting in that last game? But I'm guessing White isn't always in the line up?

Right now the B's will probably face Montreal or the Rangers. And tbh I'd be very disappointed, but I wouldn't be shocked in the least if the B's got bounced in the first round. Who the hell knows? Come playoffs...it doesn't matter how tough you are, how good the goaltending is, how well the D- is playing? In the end, of course you need that star player to step up and score timely goals in a short series. As solid as they are...I'm not sure the B's have that guy? Guess I fear that the B's are built for the reg season...not the playoffs? hope i'm wrong.

White & Moen are the only 2 guys who could fight on a regular basis, Mara has that odd one once in a while. You don't need to be physical to win games, and Montreal has proven that this year and especially last year in the playoffs. But if they don't get there act together before the playoffs I fear for them, because there is only so much Carey Price can do on his own. Especially for what he's done all year which was some spectacular goaltending.

Congrats for the scoring title Daniel Sedin. All three Swedish Art Ross winners (Forsberg and the Sedins) are from my town of 28 000 people. Another guy from my town (Markus Näslund) finished second the year Forsberg won it.

You're right, Schneider is a great goaltender! But the real question is, if or perhaps when Luongo starts playing horribly, will they actually pull him and replace him with Schneider? I would hope so.

Umm...yah, what I said earlier. They should know by now to pull Luongo the minute he starts sucking but unfortunately, they always wait until it's waaay too late. I hope Luongo doesn't start game 6.

Umm...yah, what I said earlier. They should know by now to pull Luongo the minute he starts sucking but unfortunately, they always wait until it's waaay too late. I hope Luongo doesn't start game 6.

To be honest the skaters are the real sinners right now. Luongo's first was weak, but where's the Sedins, Kesler, Burrows, Samuelsson, Bieksa, Edler etc? I don't care how they win this series, but if they don't, then yeah I'd agree with everyone else that they're all a bunch of chokers.

To be honest the skaters are the real sinners right now. Luongo's first was weak, but where's the Sedins, Kesler, Burrows, Samuelsson, Bieksa, Edler etc? I don't care how they win this series, but if they don't, then yeah I'd agree with everyone else that they're all a bunch of chokers.

I know it's not just Luongo's fault, and I agree everyone has to step up, especially on the coaching front. Alain Vigneault has to know that his job is at serious risk should they lose this series.

It's just that it's the same story over and over. Luongo can't perform when they need him most, and when Vancouver falls behind in a game like that, they just continue to play like absolute crap.

Seriously though, I hope Schneider plays game 6. I don't think there's any harm in that, and should Vancouver win the series they can always put Luongo back in goal to start the next round.

Any of you canucks happy about the Coyotes coming back to Winnipeg? This is one of the better moves from the NHL has made so far. I can't wait to see how well the fans react and the team having some talent on their side. At least they are not in desert middle of nowhere Arizona, where outside of transported no one gives a shit about hockey.

Any of you canucks happy about the Coyotes coming back to Winnipeg? This is one of the better moves from the NHL has made so far. I can't wait to see how well the fans react and the team having some talent on their side. At least they are not in desert middle of nowhere Arizona, where outside of transported no one gives a shit about hockey.

Is this officially happening? And I remember hearing Bettman say, like a year ago, that if they moved back to Winnipeg, they wouldn't be called the Jets? I hope that's not the case, as I hope the Winnipeg Jets come back.

I guess if they did, that would move Vancouver to the pacific division and Winnipeg to the Northwest? Or maybe they'd just put Colorado in the pacific since I don't think it's too far from Phoenix, who are in the pacific division. Maybe they should call it the southwest division instead of the pacific... :Spin:

Now, only if the Quebec Nordiques come back... :cool:

Coming from a goalie centered hockey team, it's such a disrespect and killer for the whole team if he's pulled. But Vancouver will do what they will do, and da Sabres will beat Phillyyyyyy

I know it's not just Luongo's fault, and I agree everyone has to step up, especially on the coaching front. Alain Vigneault has to know that his job is at serious risk should they lose this series.

It's just that it's the same story over and over. Luongo can't perform when they need him most, and when Vancouver falls behind in a game like that, they just continue to play like absolute crap.

Seriously though, I hope Schneider plays game 6. I don't think there's any harm in that, and should Vancouver win the series they can always put Luongo back in goal to start the next round.

Better to put Schneider in now than in (a possible) game 7 at least.

Anyway I've heard rumours that several players have the flu, which I really hope is true since it would give an explanation for their recent play. If it is true then maybe everyone will have time to get healthy until sunday.