NHL kicks off in Prague

manny-malhotra.jpg

Malhotra is out for the rest of the season. Edler and Bieksa potentially not back up to 100% after their injuries. The Stanley Cup is slowly going down the drain for the Canucks. :erk:

meanwhile. Cooke gets suspended for the rest of the season & the 1st round of the playoffs!

Good ruling by the league! Finally starting to be severe on rulings for headshots.

Why the hell did the Devils have to get my hopes all up and shit and then lose two games in a row, essentially ending any already distant hopes of making the playoffs? They went 23-3-2 over a 28 game span and then lost to the god damn Senators...again.

^ lol, you sound like my old man. The crazy bastard rages over the Devils. I'm not a hockey fan but I find myself watching more than usual because of him. I think hockey fans are some of the funniest fuckers you'll ever meet.

Kovalchuk should have played like he has for the past 15 games from the beginning. In a sense he really screwed the Devils over this year with his subpar performance.

Kovalchuk should have played like he has for the past 15 games from the beginning. In a sense he really screwed the Devils over this year with his subpar performance.

Unfortunately it was a lot more than Kovalchuk. With his $100 million, 15 year deal they had to make some serious roster changes, and they also lost their head coach when Jacques Lamaire retired, and the defensed suffered tremendously because of this. They lost their best defenseman, Paul Martin, to free agency, and brought in two new guys from free agency, Tallinder and Volchenkov, and they both took a while to be in corporated. They had no structure or rhythm on offense in the beginning of the year and it was a distaster. It took a firing and Lemaire returning for them to turn around. Unfortunately I REALLY like where the team is now, but they'll simply run out of time. And this is without Parise...

Ottawa Gh0st is awesome.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diRY9b55Kzo&feature=related[/ame]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6UO1UNkudo&feature=related[/ame]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwt3BmO1BvU&feature=related[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:
How is it a major statement game? You won 7-0 Congratulations. We had 4 guys who returned from injuries, 2 of them haven't played in nearly 15 games, while the other 2 have missed the last 4. I'm not using that as an excuse. They didn't show up for the game it's as simple as that. If they came to play I guarantee the outcome is different.

Yeah you won 7-0. Don't let that get to your head if you think that means your just gonna run over the Habs from now on. You better think twice about that.

How is it a major statement game? You won 7-0 Congratulations. We had 4 guys who returned from injuries, 2 of them haven't played in nearly 15 games, while the other 2 have missed the last 4. I'm not using that as an excuse. They didn't show up for the game it's as simple as that. If they came to play I guarantee the outcome is different.

Yeah you won 7-0. Don't let that get to your head if you think that means your just gonna run over the Habs from now on. You better think twice about that.

Maybe the fact the Bruins were in a slump, only a few points ahead of MTL and a HUGE win of 7-0 in hockey? Sports momentum, heard of it?

Unfortunately it was a lot more than Kovalchuk. With his $100 million, 15 year deal they had to make some serious roster changes, and they also lost their head coach when Jacques Lamaire retired, and the defensed suffered tremendously because of this. They lost their best defenseman, Paul Martin, to free agency, and brought in two new guys from free agency, Tallinder and Volchenkov, and they both took a while to be in corporated. They had no structure or rhythm on offense in the beginning of the year and it was a distaster. It took a firing and Lemaire returning for them to turn around. Unfortunately I REALLY like where the team is now, but they'll simply run out of time. And this is without Parise...

david-puddy.jpg

ps go sabres down with the devils

I'd say that "statement game" has had its lingering affect against the Habs.:D

Sure Riffage, its just one game and it isn't the end all be all. But at this point of the year with the 2-points being a premium...the whole rivalry thing...and being a so called "grudge match" since the whole Chara hit on Paccioreti. Thats what I meant going into it as a "statement game"! If Montreal "didn't show up and didn't come to play" as you put it...then I'd be a bit worried? How the fook do you not show up for that game? No retaliation on Chara...then basically quiting in the game. Gave up a 5 on 3 short-handed goal...thats embarrassing...but amusing!