NHL kicks off in Prague

Consider what we could have had if the NHL clubs let them, we could have had Hall, Seguin, Duchene, Skinner. Not to mention Canada was missing there best defenseman Brandon Gormley due to injury just before the tournament started

This is the obnoxious thing I was referring to. Do you think Canada was the only country with eligible players stuck in the NHL? Not that it matters, since hockey is a competition between teams.

Actually the US was a slight favorite this year to win it. However team Canada did thump them rather impressively in the game just before the finals...a statement game indeed that it was. Then Canada still managed to somehow collapse in the finals. God I just love it when they lose. ok ok...i'll move on.

This is the obnoxious thing I was referring to. Do you think Canada was the only country with eligible players stuck in the NHL? Not that it matters, since hockey is a competition between teams.

Please tell me where in the Fuck did I say that there wasn't any other country's with players stuck in the NHL...

Are you fucking kidding me? Favorites? LOL. Yes usually we are supposed to be the favorites, this year no way, we had no superstar players, like Crosby, Richards, Hall, Tavares. (Sure Schenn had 18 pts), but Consider what we could have had if the NHL clubs let them, we could have had Hall, Seguin, Duchene, Skinner. Not to mention Canada was missing there best defenseman Brandon Gormley due to injury just before the tournament started.

We had no super talent in goalie.

Ask any sports analyst and they would of probably said that the US we're the favorites to win it again with so many returnees from last years team.

We had no dominant team despite the goal outbursts we had. Team chemistry works that way I guess...Whatever what's done is done, I'm done with it. Nothing I say will change the fact that we lost.

I'm still proud of them either way.

Look at the stats man, USA wasn't a favorite last year and definitely wasn't a favorite this year. 18 year old goalie with 3 games under his belt, no offense and a strong defense..Canada is pretty much the favorite in any global hockey event, just accept it

is anyone a Sharks fan? Holy fuck you have the worst announcers, had to suffer through them last night while you got spanked by the terriBUFFALOSABRES

There's absolutely nothing to complain about regarding the Canucks at the moment, it's all smooth sailing right now. Even Kevin Bieksa, who was atrocious for the first 20 games, is playing like an all-star at the moment.

Look at the stats man, USA wasn't a favorite last year and definitely wasn't a favorite this year.

What? The US wasn't the favorite last year? No. This year, they we're considered more of a favorite then Canada was. I assume your talking about Jack Campbell when you say 18 year old goalie. He's Only lost 1 game in 15 games in regulation in international hockey (or something like that I don't really remember the stats for it). And to tell you the truth from that Canada/USA game in the semis, if it wasn't for him the score would have been even worse. Not to mention the year before, he literally won you guys the game after we ran your starting goalie out of the net, can't remember who though.

But whatever, All I'm saying is defense & goaltending was not the issue for the states this year it was the offense.

Anyways...FUCK THE PITTSBURGH PENGUINS WHO GOT BEAT LAST NIGHT :oops:

Last edited by a moderator:
A great move made famous by an alltime favorite...Mr. Peter Forbserg. Sweden besting Canada of course.:D
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vFu-PmXizs&feature=related[/ame]

Made for a cool stamp.

Forsberg.jpg

Forsberg's skating with the Avs today, feels a bit surreal to be honest. I hope his foot can take it this time around.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udIwgTSjPu8&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Well old time hockey is back...a massive brawl between Montreal & Boston. A Goalie fight between Thomas & Price. Price won that fight by the way...and a 6-4 Bruins lead after 2 periods...I fucking hate the B's but this is one defensive nightmare lol...

This is a wild one for sure. Nothing really happened in that scrum accept a bunch of little penalties...but it was intense. That goalie fight was kinda funny...more of a purse swinger. Bad attempt in fighting by both goalies...its almost as if they really didn't want to go at it once they started?

edit- woah 97 penalty minutes...the hate-level was as high as ever. The end of the game...now that was some old-time hockey! Bruins destroyed the Habs.

wasn't really destroyed...it was a terrible defensive game...by both sides...fights we're even IMO...people got bloodied on both sides. MY habs have the heart no matter the odds.