NHL kicks off in Prague

Great game between the HABS & Bruins as always. Should be an intense 3rd period with the score 1-1 after 2 periods.

Hawks are having a hard time. They had the best 7th through 12th forwards in the league last year, but trading away so many of those guys really hurt. I'm sure some fatigue is a problem too. Kane, Toews, Hossa, Sharp, Bolland, Brouwer is still an acceptable top six forwards, but they aren't real deep. Top four D men are still there, and I think Turco is probably better than Niemi (you can see he's not lighting it up in SJ). Overall, unless some young guys turn it on, I don't think the Hawks have enough depth to repeat. Losing Ladd, Versteeg, Byfuglien, Frazier, Eager, and Burish turned superior 3rd and 4th lines into below average ones.

Still, I don't think anyone regrets risky contracts if it paid off with the cup. Sure, Campbell makes too much, but he's still good and he did his part to help the team win. Huet had a pretty good regular season too, but was somewhat of a tough-luck guy.

Blues lost again. These injuries are killing them.
Oshie with a broken ankle
Carlo with a concussion
Polak with a lacerated wrist
Jackman with a fucked up knee
Perron with a concussion

and Boyes, Backes, Mcdonald, and Berglund arent scoring

Hawks are having a hard time. They had the best 7th through 12th forwards in the league last year, but trading away so many of those guys really hurt. I'm sure some fatigue is a problem too. Kane, Toews, Hossa, Sharp, Bolland, Brouwer is still an acceptable top six forwards, but they aren't real deep. Top four D men are still there, and I think Turco is probably better than Niemi (you can see he's not lighting it up in SJ). Overall, unless some young guys turn it on, I don't think the Hawks have enough depth to repeat. Losing Ladd, Versteeg, Byfuglien, Frazier, Eager, and Burish turned superior 3rd and 4th lines into below average ones.

Still, I don't think anyone regrets risky contracts if it paid off with the cup. Sure, Campbell makes too much, but he's still good and he did his part to help the team win. Huet had a pretty good regular season too, but was somewhat of a tough-luck guy.

Byfuglien is really lighting it up in Atlanta, must suck extra much for Hawks fans.

Canucks, on the other hand, are looking sharp. They've got the secondary scoring from the Kesler-line going, and Burrows looks to finally be in good enough shape again to keep up with the twins. Add to that a third line which can produce (Torres has been a beast), a stone solid defense (even without Salo back yet), and Luongo, and we got ourselves a true cup contender.