Nick Crow 8505 Lead - Guitar Amp VST plug-in

mac_pc.jpg

hi,
I made a short cowboys from hell cover with nick crow's 8505. Boosted with TSS in front. All the settings are in the video.
link :

:cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
greetings

a little sorry for bumping a rather old thread, but i tend to having problems with these amps
i cant really find a way to make them (and a few others) work in my vstchainer, as soon as i put them into the chain, the signal apparently runs into a wall and stops there
how to run them properly?

greetings

a little sorry for bumping a rather old thread, but i tend to having problems with these amps
i cant really find a way to make them (and a few others) work in my vstchainer, as soon as i put them into the chain, the signal apparently runs into a wall and stops there
how to run them properly?

are the sims showing up in your DAW? Do you have monitoring turned on? I'm not familiar with other DAWs so much, but in Reaper, you need to click the "Monitor" button to be able to hear the audio or else it will be silent. I imagine most other DAWs are the same.

- they do show up
- when i insert other amps, they do work (80% of the amps give a sound, the rest doesn´t)

vstchainer is not really a workstation, you can insert an input (or instruments), some effects, and if you want to you can add a recording vst
else it just spits out what you fed it with

problem solved

today i tried some amp + pedal combinations (usually i only use amps without something before), and "acidentally" tried the previously not working amps too
as long as there is ANY distortion, wah or whatever you dare to have, BEFORE the amps, they work just fine ... are they ranked first in the chain, they refuse to work like a diva

cheers

Hi guys here is my raw and mixed samples. Please let me know where i need to improve so that i can improve my tones ..i have used ola englund's DI's..cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry for bumping this necro thread, a couple questions,
1. Any word on updates or new sims? Can't stand the way the 8505/7170 devours my cpu, even when I adjust the buffer rate.

2. How about those recto/engl sims people were asking for in the first few pages? Not necassarily a Nick Crow sim (although im sure that would probably be the best) but one made by anyone? Anyone know of any recto/engl sims floating around?

Sorry for bumping this necro thread, a couple questions,
1. Any word on updates or new sims? Can't stand the way the 8505/7170 devours my cpu, even when I adjust the buffer rate.

2. How about those recto/engl sims people were asking for in the first few pages? Not necassarily a Nick Crow sim (although im sure that would probably be the best) but one made by anyone? Anyone know of any recto/engl sims floating around?

other than Poulin Lecto & TSEX30 ??