Nick Crow 8505 Lead - Guitar Amp VST plug-in

A big LOL @ all the richmen who could afford to buy grossly overpriced macs moaning that they cant use many great free plugins that are windows only.

Bootcamp snigga! who says i'm moaning?? :)

That being said, I will be installing xp on my macbook pro to dig in to this sim. I love what I'm hearing from everyone's examples on here, I just want to hear it with my hands on my guitar! Great job Nick. Maybe I'll donate my macbook pro when I get a Mac pro in a couple years so you can port to AU!!!

Clean channel is not hard to model so already many adequate sims around.

I would like Nick to concentrate on what he does best - great ampsims for metal.

This sim kicks ass, I'm using it instead of my pod. A noob question, to make the TSS -> 8505 -> impulse (Kefir) chain all I need to do in Cubase is add the 3 inserts one below the other? or a insert -> track -> send chain is needed?

im just curious. is there a way to hear the tone with 8505 WHILE you play/record rather than just recording clean then listening to it play back with the 8505? im using cubase sx3 (if the program makes the difference)

Yup, just set your audio interface latency to 256 samples (or 128 if your CPU can handle it), put 8505 and an impulse loader (and ideally TSS) on a track, and record-enable it while monitoring through the plugins!

Yup, just set your audio interface latency to 256 samples (or 128 if your CPU can handle it), put 8505 and an impulse loader (and ideally TSS) on a track, and record-enable it while monitoring through the plugins!

sry man , im kinda new to this reamping thing , im using cubase , i dont know if this is the same program you use , but can you explain how exactly to do that ? (yeah i know , im a noob)

No worries dude, just put TSS --> 8505 --> Impulse Plugin as inserts on a track, record-enable that track (little red circle button), then click the little speaker logo next to the record-enable button (the speaker should turn amber) and you're monitoring that track through the plugins. Depending on what interface you have and what the latency is set to you may have a pretty annoying lag from when you play to when you hear the sound, but it should work!

Depends what interface you have, but there should be some sort of software utility for it that'll let you lower the latency!

If I can get this working and the results are as good as everyone is saying I will happily be fronting some cash as a thanks for this release and as a plea for more!!

I had wagner sharp 0.6 for a long time and while it's great, it was just a little too sharp, but I'm always optimistic for Nicks new work, especially with talk of a Mesa / Krank :kickass:

Thanks to Nick and this forum!!

Yes, kick-arse GUI indeed.

Here's a quick comparison for you people who are interested:

DIs were done by Metaltastic with an EMG 81, one is run through a real 6505 lead channel, the other through the 8505 setting set to match the tone of the real head (with power amp all the way down). Both through Catharsis' s-presence8 fredman impulses.

8505: http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/285689/marcus-8505.mp3

6505: http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/285689/marcus-6505.mp3

:OMG: Can you tell me your settings for this? It's killer!