Nightingale update?

Make sure to let us know in good time of advance when and were the release party willl take place so we can join in as the true Nightingale fans we are

uhhh what is the most efficent way of getting more nightingale...I can get a hold of, closing chronicles, alive again, I, and, the breathing shadow

but i can't find Invisible

and while i'm complaining about not finding swano cds

Maceration
Total Terror
Godgory
Odyssey
Route Nine
ect ect ect

oh and is Star One worth my money? I'm planning on buying it right now, but I don't know anything about it

who wants a milk enema...milk enemas are all about white in the darkness(so is anal sex but that's beside the point)...It's not the name of the album so i'll shut up now.

White Darkness+ making of 4 da ppl!

uhhh what is the most efficent way of getting more nightingale...I can get a hold of, closing chronicles, alive again, I, and, the breathing shadow

but i can't find Invisible

and while i'm complaining about not finding swano cds

Maceration
Total Terror
Godgory
Odyssey
Route Nine
ect ect ect

oh and is Star One worth my money? I'm planning on buying it right now, but I don't know anything about it
buy from Dan! :) send him an e-mail and he can get you Invisible. in my opinion Star One is pretty cool, cheesiness & all.

Are you guys satisfied with the result of WD so far ?

Absolutely ! It´s always hard to be objetive but I think is contain some of our best songs and the production on this stage sounds damm good.
The fact that 7 songs is mine 1 is Toms and 2 is mine with parts from Dan
Makes a difference in terms of style as well as Eriks and Toms lyrics.
I do most of the guitar and Keyboard playing but on the other hand i play
nothing (!) on the songs Dan and I have written togheter.
If you like my songs on earlier albums you gonna love the album. If you favor Dan´s songs you gonna like Second Sky better

Absolutely ! It´s always hard to be objetive but I think is contain some of our best songs and the production on this stage sounds damm good.
The fact that 7 songs is mine 1 is Toms and 2 is mine with parts from Dan
Makes a difference in terms of style as well as Eriks and Toms lyrics.
I do most of the guitar and Keyboard playing but on the other hand i play
nothing (!) on the songs Dan and I have written togheter.
If you like my songs on earlier albums you gonna love the album. If you favor Dan´s songs you gonna like Second Sky better

Okey I see what you mean. I know that Dan, as far as I know, has written most of the lyrics for the songs of the earlier Nightingale albums, but sometimes you Dag have delivered some lyrics too like Raincheck for instance. What can I say, both of you are excellent songwriters AND musicians as well and none of the earlier songs are bad so that´s why I really think that WD is going to be great. Cool with some variety :). :headbang:

Okey I see what you mean. I know that Dan, as far as I know, has written most of the lyrics for the songs of the earlier Nightingale albums, but sometimes you Dag have delivered some lyrics too like Raincheck for instance. What can I say, both of you are excellent songwriters AND musicians as well and none of the earlier songs are bad so that´s why I really think that WD is going to be great. Cool with some variety :). :headbang:

Thank you for that !
By the way:The lyrics to "Raincheck" is Dan´s and not mine
and he has written all the lyrics on the previous albums
I never write lyrics in English and i don´t think i ever will.

Thank you for that !
By the way:The lyrics to "Raincheck" is Dan´s and not mine
and he has written all the lyrics on the previous albums
I never write lyrics in English and i don´t think i ever will.

Ok, didn´t know apart from that you write in Swedish...hmm don´t know where I got that from....nevermind
:)

I would say that there are very few "metal moments" on White Darkness. It´s more of a 70´s style pomp/hardrock record. Big, real, acoustic drumsound (recorded at an ex-movietheater..just like Polar studios (R.I.P.) (!!) Real amps (Mesa) cranked up to 11, fat Ampeg bass and shitloads of screaching mellotrons, fat analogsynths and burning hammondorgans. All the classic elements are here. I mixed the album (again) yesterday and there are just a few elements missing now, but I am getting the big picture and my friends. IT IS BIG!!! I couldn´t stop listening to it in the car today. By far the most sonic NG album this far. This is the sound I wanted when we did the "I" album and finally I nailed it ;)

Come to think of it...Tom Björn´s song "Hideaway" is a bit metal ;)
Kind of a "Raincheck..." vibe to it... C# drop and chunky guitars with a synthesizer topping!! There is also some of the lighter NG moments on display here too. The titletrack have a certain "Queen" vibe in places, nice backing vocals and a fantasticsounding Grand Piano. All in all, I think Nightingale followers that have been with us from the beginning and lived thru the changes from static gothpomp to AOR like "Shadowman", "Glory Days" amd "Atlantis.." to British rock like "State of Shock" and "Into the light" and nice ballads like "Alonely" and dark megapomp such as "Stalingrad", "Nightfall..." and "Shadowland Serenade"....
will not be disappointed!!!!

Merry Xmas and stuff

Dan

Don´t forget the "Making of White Darkness", edited down to 25 min of pure
"Making of". Of course the quality is inferior as usual:lol:
This time i have lots of really awful spare material so expect a "limited edition"
later on :)