Nightingale-White Darkness Lyrical waste

I was just wondering about the underpant gnomes...

1. Collect Underpants
2. ?
3. Profit

I guess 2 must have something to do with worshiping Dag. ;)

well, for sure!

what kind of underpant gnomes would they be if they didn't worship dag and his holy underpants!

they must be like the mount everest of underpants!!! :worship:

Am I the only one who finds it funny that here we are, in the year 2007 and there are people like Gar who still believe in that whole "Jesus" thing? (Not to mention Islam, Mormonism or Jeovhas Witness et al)

Pure comedy if you ask me.

I'm glad christianity is working for you cause Gar, the joke is on you buddy, it really is.

It does sound a bit strange of a modern man living by ancient(and anachronistic) rules...it's one of the reasons I tried to start a new faith
"The human faith"(ken remembers this) in which no one is in the postion of power, the relationship with good is strictly personal and it's illegal to market your faith to a fellow human and with a dynamic rulebook(ie a member suggests a rule explains himself and all members are obligate to vote,if there's a majority then the rule passes), oh and no money involved off course...strictly a virtual church.was all nice and quiet until we tried to look into pedophilia and incest as objectively as possible.

@Hot Karl:I don't think the joke's on him...if chritianity and believing in this makes him happy and he leads a good happy life because of it then good for him.there is some sort of innocence in believing...like a child that can do no harm.
in a way I'm more dangerous than him because I lost my innocence the moment I started to question everything.
as said in Genesis:"he bit the forbidden fruit and realized he has a huge cock and went parading everywhere with it"

and now for some quality bitish humor
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foFXj7pEj4g

You can believe and still question. In fact I think it is wise to, and unwise not to.

I agree...
what I'm saying is being wise will not always get you happiness
Ignorence is bliss...in fact i think it's the easiest way to bliss
getting pure nonmaterial happiness is a lot harder through knowledge...it's a rocky road with possibly no end...how i wish it wasn't so

The blatant bashing of belief in God on this album really shocked me. I guess all who listen to this are believers in nothing or in false gods like Odin. I cannot call myself a fan anymore- never before has Nightingale done this. I dont care what anyone thinks in here, its just my take.
Wow! Are you kidding? Yeah, Nightingale has gone all Satanic!:devil:

"Sataaaaaaan...in the night of fire!!"

The best part is how he insists he isn't judging us, yet we somehow qualify as "believers in nothing or in false gods like Odin." Is this pejorative type of language really necessary? All we're doing is enjoying music! How Christian of you, Gar, to slight anyone who listens to a band you take offense to.

I'd rather know the truth Ilan, than be unawares yet happy. It's strange and probably slightly masochistic, but it seems more... real to me?

Demilich: I agree until your last sentence, where you basically did exactly the same thing he did. :lol:

Back to White Darkness, do you have copies yet Dan? Got to order mine from the guys themselves!

I don't think I did... strange that you see it that way :loco: I simply meant to suggest that he may not be the perfect Christian he seems to see himself as. Believe me, I have a lot of repsect for the well-meaning believers of this world, simply not the hypocritical, judgmental, holier-than-thou (in the truest sense of the term) individuals.

I would have ordered from the boys, but I wanted other stuff from The End anyway.

So, no discussion of the lyrics in One Way Ticket here? Seems like the character in this song becomes very, very disillusioned with his faith.

Often enough, I stumble over my words and don't really end up conveying the meaning I intend to. I also have a horrible habit of not looking over posts before pressing the Reply button.

I'd rather know the truth Ilan, than be unawares yet happy. It's strange and probably slightly masochistic, but it seems more... real to me?

Back to White Darkness, do you have copies yet Dan? Got to order mine from the guys themselves!

once you know...there's no way back except alzheimer's or a lobotomy
and yeah it does seem more real to suffer on the way to happiness...must be the matrix influencing us.

do you want some manly signatures on your copy?:headbang:

Yeah, now I'm just making things overwhelmingly clear so as not to mislead anyone again :lol:

edit: this thread gets more and more pointless with every post. i love it!