Nightmares by the sea

SoSorry(ForYou)

New Metal Member
May 19, 2003
Visit site
I was replying to someones question about buying tonights decision and read the replies and it says this song is a cover. who did it first? and how good is the first one. and are all the lyrics the same.

and im also curious... what bands do you think sound a lot like katatonia, and what other bands do you like as much or more? i need some new music ideas.

my answer is that rapture sounds like katatonia. i dont like them as much though.

Well, Jeff Buckley originally sang Nightmares By The Sea.

If you want to find out other bands that sound like Katatonia, there has just been a thread made, its still around here somewhere, I think it is called "katatonic bands" or something like that....just look for it.

Funny part is, I got into Jeff Buckley based on Katatonia's cover on Nightmares, even though they're lesser known artists.

Sketches for My Sweetheart the Drunk is a worthwhile cd. Indeed he is brilliant.

Yes Jeff Buckley is amazing, I was a fan long before Katatonia, and was very disappointed when I heard the Katatonia version of this song, it stopped me buying the album based on Jonas lack of vocal experience at the time, but alas, years later I have grown to accept the song in context with Tonight's Decision and now celebrate Katatonia's ode to Jeff!!!!!!!!

Schism said:
Yes Jeff Buckley is amazing, I was a fan long before Katatonia, and was very disappointed when I heard the Katatonia version of this song, it stopped me buying the album based on Jonas lack of vocal experience at the time, but alas, years later I have grown to accept the song in context with Tonight's Decision and now celebrate Katatonia's ode to Jeff!!!!!!!!

you could have done with a few more full stops in there son.

DarknessEternal said:
Luke.... *wheeze* I am... *wheeze*... your father...

*dies*

Haa haaaa LOL nice one, except I thought you were Wheezy the penguin from Toy Story 2 " Wheeze Wheeze" you know the one with the Fucked voicebox? (in relation to your avatar)

(Oh god this joke may fall flat on it's face LOL)

In my opinion Katatonia cover sounds much better, despite the fact they respect the structure and even the essence (but sung by Mr Renkse, so vocally deeper). I mean, Katatonia have really improved a song by not changing any outstanding element of it.

ben4g said:
In my opinion Katatonia cover sounds much better, despite the fact they respect the structure and even the essence (but sung by Mr Renkse, so vocally deeper). I mean, Katatonia have really improved a song by not changing any outstanding element of it.

I don't agree with this statement, they have not made the song better, just made a good (although very similar) interpretation of it

I re-listened last night, and decided it is a really good ode to one of their inspirations.

hmm I love Jeff Buckley.
The version of Katatonia is very good as well. Wished they played it at the Bierkeller MCR :)

Btw if you want to hear another good song of Jeff Buckley (for the ones that don't know him.. not many I presume) listen to Grace. Brilliant!