nightwish new cd

Shadow angel

New Metal Member
Mar 19, 2004
what do you think about nightwishes latest cd ONCE?????
I like it...at first it didn`t open up to me but when I heard it more I thought... they have founded something new and it sounds great!!! I HOPE everyone likes it and BUY it! I know I bought it and Im happy that I did!!theres some indian sounds on the cd and I think it``s going to be a hit, in finland at least!

The new Nightwish album is a lot better than any of their earlier ones. You can´t even compare ONCE to the previous ones. It´s a lot heavier, and the themes and melodies are a great deal more refined. Plus the production with st. martin in the fields -orchestra etc. of course it sounds amazing. I myself did not like the poor powermetal stylish stuff they were doing on the last ones. But now I just love them, this album´s a killer, even though there are some stupid "Holopainisms" to be found in the middle of some songs. The stupid chord progressions that he´s been using since the second album. I just hate them. But fortunately he mostly has gotten rid of them. But a superb album in every way still. And someone said it will only be a hit in Finland or something? How come? Actually it was announced yesterday that Nightwish´s Once is the best selling album in whole of Europe! And that´s very cool. I just hope that they could get into the USA market a little bit. I think Nightwish could be the kind of band that could open up markets for melodic etc. metal in the states ´cos if I understand correctly, metal scene is coming up in the states, but it´s all about that nu-metal and then that very brutal slipknot kind of stuff. I think it´s about time the americans could get their hands on real music, like Nightwish. I think if they just get the right promotion and their associates are networked correctly, this entering of the USA markets could be done. No european metal band playing melodic music has done it since the 80´s.

My favourite Nightwish album is 'Oceanborn'. Maybe 'Once" is better technically - production, orchestra etc., but it doesn't have that very special atmosphere. Nevertheless, it's a good album.

My favorite is Wishmaster. I absolutely love it. Every song blows me away. Oceanborn is second then Century Child, Once and finally Angels Fall First. Even though some of my favorite songs are on AFF it's not my favorite as a whole.

I thought it was pretty awesome, the orchestra and the fact that it is just heavier overall makes it better than some of the other albums. I really like some of their older songs better than some of the the ones on "Once" though.