Nightwish

I like Nightwish. They're in fact the only "melodic metal with operatic female vocals" band that I truly enjoy.
And Turbo, parents with good musical taste rule.:)

^that or the pharoah sails to orion! nightwish is one of my favorite albums, though i must say Once is definatly not as good as wishmaster or century child (oceanborn is a whole different fucking monster in my eyes)

Thing with Once is...

Ghost love score is a fucking masterpiece, especially live.
DCOW rocks, but the rest of it doesn't weigh up to the earlystiff

"Phantom Of the Opera" Is my favorite song by them. It's a cover, but it still kicks ass.

other than that probably "Beauty and the Beast"

and "Passion and the Opera" man you gotta love that guitar intro!

Oceanborn is a good album, but apart from that they do a lot for me anymore to be honest.

I still think The Gathering are the greatest female fronted band up till now. Anneke has such a beautiful voice.

I used to like them a lot before but I almost never listen to them nowadays. Pharao sails to Orion is their best song and Century Child their best album. Once is pretty boring in my opinion.

*jedi mind trick*
cris you will not read this post
*/jedi mind trick*

i like very few songs, but all of them sound exactly the same, and they're all from the same album :lol:
now they're just pretty much pop-metal, so what the hell, i'd just try to listen for the production since the song structures are all alike :p

Sleeping Sun is my favorite song. Oceanborn is my favorite album. But yeah, Wanderlust kicks ass like Gavin said, especially on their live DVD, it was great.

metalhatebreeder said:
I don't like Nightwish anymore
they're too arrogant and commercial
i don't know why i don't like it anymore

Coming from the guy with Are You Dead Yet in his signature.........