Nightwish

Justinschut said:
I don´t like Nightwish

Must admit i didnt think it was going to be my thing because i read a "Nightwish Vs Evanescence" and thought that they were alike. I hate Evanescence with a passion apart from Amy Lee (fit as fuck). I thought id give them a try because i dont play ignorant to any music. I think i herd "Over the Hills" around a mates house and didnt like that song. I think i was sent "Ghost Love Score" and was blown away, and decided to buy the album on yday.

Wings of a dream said:
Yeah right, there's no such thing as sounding like Nightwish.:D

Yeh Tarja, unless she is gifted, is classically trained. This isnt a common thing. The only other person I know who is classically trained in the business is one of the Eurythmics (1980s pop band).

I love nightwish, Once is one of the best albums i've ever heard.

Fatalized: I saw therion earlier this month and it was a great show but i was quite let down with the opera singers actually, i was not that impressed, i prefer tarja's voice by miles

-Gavin- said:
Thing with Once is...

Ghost love score is a fucking masterpiece, especially live.
DCOW rocks, but the rest of it doesn't weigh up to the earlystiff

you have to mention my favortite song of theres now dont ya gav? ghost love score is amazing, tuomas really outdid himself on that song with the orchhestra

Ghost love score IS amazing, can't get enough of it. Sleepwalker is a good too. (Although they did try to get into Eurovision with that, fucking judges who thought some shitty song would do better, the lyrics were god-damn awful! Total humiliation, again) Oceanborn is my favourite, Once comes next.
Within Temptation is shit though, if anyone's heard, the singer hasn't got a trained voice, so she strains it too much. Awful.
And I haven't heard Therion and what's-it-called but a few songs, and thoroughly annoyed with them, too pompous.
I love The Gathering.

There's supposed to be a few more new female-fronted bands coming, (at least Metal Hammer says so) anyone heard of them?

Tut Ankh Amon said:
*jedi mind trick*
cris you will not read this post
*/jedi mind trick*

i like very few songs, but all of them sound exactly the same, and they're all from the same album :lol:
now they're just pretty much pop-metal, so what the hell, i'd just try to listen for the production since the song structures are all alike :p

Yeah, yeah... I was actually looking for a post from you here. :Shedevil:

(Seriously:D )

NW's best album is Angels Fall First! I don't have a favorite song, though...
Btw, my mom loves them too:p

within temptation is alright, I like a few of there songs, Epica is amazing though there singer simone is younger then me! but none of these female fronted bands will ever be able to touch nightwish imho (lets just not talk about nymphomaniactic phantasia eh?...the scent of a woman was not mine....LOL)

Haven't heard the new stuff.
Not a big fan, but i like some songs, be fucked if i know what they're called.
I especially like their Rammstein rip-off riffs. :lol:

The only highlight of their gigs is screaming "GET YER TITS OOT!" to the chick with a mic.

My fav. albums are Oceanborn and Century Child, my fav. songs are Pharao Sails to Orion and End of all Hope.
IMO Once sucks, I don't like 2/3 of the songs (especially Wish I had an Angel, can't stand this song), and the other songs are just average.
I saw them live in June, and their new album also sucks live...

@ Turbo: I love Haggard! Pretty good stuff!