Nightwish

As you can see from the sig, Im a huge Nightwish fan. Fan songs:

AFF: Carpenter, Beauty and the Beast
Oceanborn: Whole friggin album, tied for my fav
Wishmaster: Wanderlust, Wishmaster
Century Child: Beauty of the Beast, Dead to the World
Once: Tied with Oceanborn, I say Creek Mary's Blood and Ghost Love Score, with The Siren up there as well.

The whole band's friggin talented, Tarja is indeed a great vocalist IMO. But most people overlook the fact Holopainen writes 90% of the music for this band on his own...the other 10% he writes with the other guys...and writes all the lyrics. I don't think you find people who can compose like this often, with the exception of some of those film score writers like Hans Zimmer, or keyboard legends like Vangelis. When it comes to sheer composition ability for a metal band, this guy is in a league of his own, IMO.

Fenrir13 said:
As you can see from the sig, Im a huge Nightwish fan. Fan songs:

AFF: Carpenter, Beauty and the Beast
Oceanborn: Whole friggin album, tied for my fav
Wishmaster: Wanderlust, Wishmaster
Century Child: Beauty of the Beast, Dead to the World
Once: Tied with Oceanborn, I say Creek Mary's Blood and Ghost Love Score, with The Siren up there as well.

The whole band's friggin talented, Tarja is indeed a great vocalist IMO. But most people overlook the fact Holopainen writes 90% of the music for this band on his own...the other 10% he writes with the other guys...and writes all the lyrics. I don't think you find people who can compose like this often, with the exception of some of those film score writers like Hans Zimmer, or keyboard legends like Vangelis. When it comes to sheer composition ability for a metal band, this guy is in a league of his own, IMO.

I agree.

funny thing is that I've seen the band 2 times and both of them by accident :p

-Gavin- said:
I've seen them..

she fell out of her top briefly at the london gig in february.

Turbo said:
^ how much i would pay to fucking see that.

Are any of you aware how fucking strong her jaw line is? It's razor sharp. So much as to be MANLY. Seeing some boobies is all well and good until she cuts you open with her manly stubble.

Stick to the chick from Lacuna Coil, she seems to be all woman. Giggedy Giggedy!

Final_Product said:
Are any of you aware how fucking strong her jaw line is? It's razor sharp. So much as to be MANLY. Seeing some boobies is all well and good until she cuts you open with her manly stubble.

Stick to the chick from Lacuna Coil, she seems to be all woman. Giggedy Giggedy!

She reminds me of Phil Anselmo.

I was fucking pissed last year when she was the reason that they cancelled that Nightwish/Sonata Arctica tour. I had two tickets to see them and all they were good for was a two trips back to the ticketmaster office. Just for that reason, I hope she ends up a prostitute to make money; maybe she'll make people her appreciate her voice when she takes a big one up the arse.

'marcelo' - was tarja's husband brazilian? ROFL! Funny they blame it all to him, like he had manipulated her into selling out. Bullshit, but whatever

No, he's from Argentina!

I don't think they really needed to make that an open letter. It must feel pretty humiliating to her. But oh well... there goes my favorite band...