Nile\Kreator\Vader\Amon Amarth\Goatwhore at the Pound roll call!

The Pound was packed, wasn't it? Even for the opening band Goatwhore there were tons of people.

Even though I'm the anti-death pro-thrash metal type, I enjoyed every band. I though Amon Amarth had some killer stage presence, especially all that hair... And Vader, if I recall, had some cool harmonized? death and clean vox parts together (from the singer and guitarist). As much as I can dig live death metal, I am sure that I don't care much for the studio versions, so I didn't get any merch.

I also had the best seat in the house -- literally, I sat on the edge of the bartop all night and just spun around to order my beer(s). That's where you'll find Insania from here on out...:p

I was at the Portland show with my bro and it was killer! Didn't care for Goatwhore...not my thing. Amon Amarth was pretty good, but they opened with my favorite song by them and the rest of the set was pretty bland in comparison. Then Vader came out! Holy SHIT!!! Those guys rock! Someone on here said that they are straight up death metal....well....you're wrong...they're a complete combination of death/thrash metal and it's KILLER! They have HUGE Slayer influence in their music...and it's a great combination between the thrash and (old school) death metal...I'm going to pick up a few of their cds on The End TODAY! Then Kreator came out and kicked everyone's ass (imo) they are just a thrash legend and they opened the door to so many genres we listen to today. What killed me was all these people left after Amon Amarth and Vader...they missed out on one of the founders of that sound...they rocked the house!!! Then Nile came out..again...not my thing...but my bro likes them so I stayed and watched from the bar. I've seen them 3 times now and this was by far the best sound they've had. I could actually pick out solos and bass lines this time instead of just hearing this crazy blast beat from hell wall of noise...so that was cool...not cool enough to make me want to buy any of their stuff...but ok to watch and go..."damn these guys are tight and have killer lead guitar solos!!"

All in all....great night!!

MindInsane said:
I. Amon Amarth was pretty good, but they opened with my favorite song by them and the rest of the set was pretty bland in comparison.

Damn! I was hoping you would say better of them. Too bad :( What did it in for them in your opinion?

Hey Val! Sorry I didn't answer this sooner! Amon Amarth was really good, sounded great and put on a great show, I just think I was too excited for Vader and Kreator...and they opened with the song I was looking forward to hearing, so it took something away from it for me.

The show at The Chance was fucking great. I'm just pissed that Vader only played for like 20-30 minutes. Sucks..and did anyone post a setlist for the show anywhere? I'm too lazy to search the threads.

solarfall_ said:
The show at The Chance was fucking great. I'm just pissed that Vader only played for like 20-30 minutes. Sucks..and did anyone post a setlist for the show anywhere? I'm too lazy to search the threads.
WHAT DID YOU THINK OF GOATWHORE????

VADER and KREATOR both kicked ass in Worcester, MA Saturday night!! The only 2 bands worth seeing on this bill IMO.

Got to hang out with Mille after the show for over an hour, just talking about all sorts of shit! It was killer, the guy is super cool! Expect a couple of different old songs the next time they come through! After talking about all the past tours, etc he said he's going to call me when he writes his biography because of my knowledge and memory of everything KREATOR, hahaha.

Mille rules!

That shit bores me to fucking tears, To quote Austin Powers: "its just not my bag baby, yeah!"

Pyrus, here's KREATOR's setlist:

Violent Revolution, Reconquering the Throne, Extreme Agressions, People of the Lie, Phobia, Pleasure to Kill, Betrayer, Renewal, All of the Same Blood, Terrible Certainty, Flag of Hate, Tormentor.

Mille told me that at some shows they are playing 2 less songs because certain venues are adding a local band. Like 5 fucking bands isnt enough!!

He also told me that he would ideally like to play a 90 minute set whenever they tour here, but is never able to because of how many bands venues pack on the bills, not too mention the curfews we have here. The next time they come through my area I'll fucking pay the venue the difference to keep the local crap off the bill, I want more KREATOR for my buck!

He actually appologized to me for playing the same set as last year, but joked that "its not the same set, its shorter" He wanted to know which old songs I thought worked best from past tours since I had seen them all and assured me next time they are here they will add some different stuff to the set! He's already been writing new material and plans to tour here in 2004! Lets hope it happens!

Hey HUNGER. Always feel free to stroll up and say "hi." I'll buy you a beer in exchange for wisdom relating to thrash metal :)