Nirvana

Hmm Kurt Cobain was probably one of the worst guitarists in rock music ever..Nirvana is heavily overrated.

Yeah, so they're overated. I still like them. Their songs were simple, but effective. Their lyrics were well written. Unplugged in New York was the best album, along with Nevermind.

Nirvana is crap!!! Always has, always will!!! They never appealed to me. The "my life sucks, I wanna die" is less attractive than the teen angst of Nu-metal.

Just my opinion, but thanks anyways!!!

Nirvana owns me too, bro. :D

I don't care if you dislike them, but you have to give them credit as one of the most important bands of the 90s, if not rock n' roll as a whole. Nirvana's Nevermind effectively killed glam, shot it fucking dead in the face. Thanks to them, we need not fear "An Evening With Winger, hosted by Sebastian Bach" 2-hour special on network TV. :lol:

Originally posted by NAD
Nirvana owns me too, bro. :D

I don't care if you dislike them, but you have to give them credit as one of the most important bands of the 90s, if not rock n' roll as a whole. Nirvana's Nevermind effectively killed glam, shot it fucking dead in the face. Thanks to them, we need not fear "An Evening With Winger, hosted by Sebastian Bach" 2-hour special on network TV. :lol:

:lol:

I never discredited them, they were a very important band in the history or rocknroll. No denying!!! But just because they are an important band that help destroy Glam does not mean I gotta like em.

And what's wrong with Winger :p :lol:

Originally posted by Weapon X
:lol:

I never discredited them, they were a very important band in the history or rocknroll. No denying!!! But just because they are an important band that help destroy Glam does not mean I gotta like em.

And what's wrong with Winger :p :lol:
Nope, nobody has to like them, I just get tired of people here saying "oh, they were crap, I hate them, they made no impact on music whatsoever." Really? Wow. Slept through the 90s, eh? :p

When Mike Judge put a Winger shirt on Stuart, he summed up the band perfectly. :lol:

I'd have to say that I like Nirvana, although I never really got into them. Like previously stated, they had simple, but effective lyrics and music. I don't think they were incredibly amazing, but a good, solid band.

Nevermind was a solid CD, that song Stay Away was good. They weren't always about "I hate myself and so on and so forth." I think most of his songs were just about shit he hated in people and the world. Nothin wrong with that because we can relate. ;)

Yeah, Nirvana's lyrics were very well-written. Most of the lyrics were about the world's problems, and how it affected Kurt or the rest of the band.

They may be over-rated but I still dig 'em. Nevermind was good, but I think In Utero or "Bleach" would be my favorite.

They're pretty overrated but I do like some of their songs alot. They killed off glam/hair metal and that's good cause glam/hair metal is GOAT-BLOWINGLY shitty music.

Nevermind contained a few of the first songs I ever learned on guitar.

and I'm sad to say that.

Though in my freshman year in high school, I enjoyed their material (for the reason that many freshmen in high school enjoy it-Kurt was SPEAKING TO ME), I look back and wonder what the fuck I was thinking.

In my opinion, a few of Nirvana's melodies aren't terrible, but absolutely nothing approaching the genius that Cobain was highly credited for.

I have nothing AGAINST Cobain, but he was extremely overrated. His lyrics fail to touch me in any way shape or form. His guitar playing was adolescent.

Grohl's drumming was always well produced, but...that only goes so far.

Just my two cents.