Nocturnal Rites for PP8?

The new CD is one of the best in my opinion. Almost every song on there is anthemic and catchy! They SLAYED at Chicago Powerfest last year! Definitely have the chops/stage presence and material to co-headline.

I agree 100%!! Grande Illusion ROCKS:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

I've been hoping they play ProgPower this year because I'm still feeling the sting from having to miss them at PowerFest:cry: If they're at ProgPower everything will be right in the world again!

These guys would definitely rock the stage if invited to PP8. :headbang: I like what i've heard from this band. If they were announced as one of the co-headliners it would be just one more reason to start packing my bags and head for the Sacramento Airport (In October). Cannot Wait! :kickass:

They are MOST worthy of the #4 spot on either day I think.

Though, a Nocturnal Rites/Sonata Arctica Friday night makes the most sense, similar to the Mercenary/Evergrey Friday punch from PP7. The band absolutely has mammoth support in previous threads, which is the only reason folks aren't slamming this one with comments.

That would totally clinch PP8 for me!!!!!!!!! :headbang: They kicked ass at Chicago PowerFest. Can't quit listening to Grand Illusion!!!!!! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :kickass:

Correct. Especially considering "The Sacred Talisman" is their best album by far. They sounded less like a Malmsteen clone back then.

less?

well, I don't actually think they ever sounded anything like Malmsteen's band, but The Sacred Talisman is definitely not the album I'd use to illustrate this... I think it's their most generic/derivative power metal album.

...but then, what do I know? My second favorite, after The Grand Illusion, is Tales of Mystery and Imagination. :)

I don't know what it is, but i just can't get into their music... i have Tales, Sacred talisman, and shadowland, and new world messiah, but i just can't find a song on those cds that stand out....i don't really want them to be at PP....but thats just me

I don't know what it is, but i just can't get into their music... i have Tales, Sacred talisman, and shadowland, and new world messiah, but i just can't find a song on those cds that stand out....i don't really want them to be at PP....but thats just me

why would you buy 4 CD's by a band that you dont like????

Most of their standout tracks are on Afterlife and The Grand Illusion. Get those too. ;)

I think they would be a great choice for Fri or Sat #4. I'm not sure if they are well known enough in the states to headline, but they would for sure seal the deal for me to make the trip next year!

why would you buy 4 CD's by a band that you dont like????

Its not that i don't like them, I just can't find any songs that i would listen to again and again....I have had many people suggest different albums by them, so i went and picked up each one....You can't hate a band after listening to only one album.

Take Savatage for an example...if someone bought Fight for the Rock as their first sava album and didn't get any others, his opinion would be rather low of the band, and he would miss out on all their greatest songs...

So i will never make a judgement call on a band based on 1 album....

I actually have the same thing with the group Edenbridge. I have bought 3 of their albums and they still haven't hooked me. It is probably because their production is so horrible. I love the voice of the singer, but I just can't hear her well over the music. It is way too loud. I had the same problem with Nightwish first album and a half. It just wasn't produced well where I can understand the singer over the music.

I am really surprised Glenn hasn’t voiced his opinion on this thread yet. I am curious as to what he might say.

With all the talk about NR on here, I got my 'The Grand Illusion' cd out last night and listened to it. Great album, would definantly do well at PP in my opinion.