Nocturnal Rites

i personally, am not pulling for nocturnal rites

sorry, just not a fan and would rather see someone else.

flame me if ya want, but at least one person has to say they dont want them.

i personally, am not pulling for nocturnal rites

sorry, just not a fan and would rather see someone else.

flame me if ya want, but at least one person has to say they dont want them.

Thats true, but I was expecting Ascenion or 4acidbath3 or 3DimensionalAperature or even worse yet the dreaded BENMECH to suggest something like that.

I would love to see nocturnal rites in any slot at PP OR SHOWCASE for that matter. Just bring them on!

While I am a HUGE Nocturnal Rites fan, I have to admit that I don't feel they are quite at the level of headliner status. Not to say they wouldn't destroy the joint, but I just get a "feel" they aren't quite there yet.....I hope to hell I'm wrong.

That was very insightful Glenn. That clearly descimates (sp?) a NR appearance since they are a 100% Power. So we at least now know it is a band that has a lot of crossover appeal.

that also clearly rules out Stratovarius and Edguy as Saturday headliners since they are 100% power... oh wait, they already did headline saturday nights before. :Smug:

I've been pulling for Nocturnal Rites since Chicago PowerFest. They totally kicked ass!!!!! :headbang: Am a HUGE fan... :worship:

I posted this e-mail I got from Nils right after PowerFest in hopes that people would start requesting them:

We'd definetly like to get to ProgPower for next year, so plese ask
everyone you know to request us at their forums and so on.

Thanks and talk soon! Best, /NILS

So I'm obviously new to this forum, but not new to progpower.

Maybe someone has suggested this, but I think Nocturnal Rites would be a great band to fill the 2nd night headlining slot. I know they played Chicago Powefest in 06, but I think they would be a great addition to ProgPower.

What say you?

That bad should have already been to PP. After seeing them I cannot believe they have not seen Atlanta..They should be invited, and headline.. They absolutely slayed at Powerfest.. However They are not enough Cookie Monster, death kill your mom kinda stuff for powerfest, as I amtold that's why they won't be asked back to that fest... Anyhoo.. NOCTURNAL RITES for ProgPower got my Vote... : )

Probably the only band on my "must see before I die" list. I love this band. Still kicking myself for not making it to powerfest. I think they would slay the place.

VS is a 4th slot, not 3rd, and if Pagan's Mind can go higher then VS, then NR can Headline.

And John.. Let me tell ya.. You must see them before you die.. They slayed that place.. I been droppin little comments here since that show.. I didn't want to start a thread and be a total nag.. : )

And John.. Let me tell ya.. You must see them before you die.. They slayed that place.. I been droppin little comments here since that show.. I didn't want to start a thread and be a total nag.. : )

I've been right there with ya droppin' and hintin'.... :headbang: :kickass:

Thats true, but I was expecting Ascenion or 4acidbath3 or 3DimensionalAperature or even worse yet the dreaded BENMECH to suggest something like that.

i dont know many of the users here, but i do recall 3D posting some really really stupid stuff.

i dont hate or dislike NR, id just much rather see a band that im familiar with a bit of material and truly enjoy for the last spot.

its hard to please everyone, if NR is the last band i wont bitch, since there is very little to bitch about when it comes to prog power.

the line up already more than satisfies me, but i feel a band like racer x or symphony x could keep the same amount of people happy or more happy than NR could.

just an opinion, if NR is the band, its still all good, i just wanted to throw my 2 cents in there for an opinion too.

I really like NR but there are other bands I would rather see; however, NR would definantly not disappoint.

Hmm.. I'm intrigued by Glenn's comments.

And I still don't really agree about the Rage-Evergrey incident. I don't think it was as much the fans not wanting to see Rage, but more of the fanboy reaction to hearing, "Hey guys, Evergrey's signing autographs!" "WHAT? OMG! EEEEEEEEEEEEE!" and running off to catch them. Then they completely missed seeing Rage, and not knowing how good they were. I haven't heard anyone who saw the Rage set say that they didn't kick ass. I just think it was all the die-hard Evergrey fans freaking out at the chance to go hang with them and get pictures and autographs.

But hey, I'm just a bass player, so I'm most likely wrong! ;)

Hmm.. I'm intrigued by Glenn's comments.

And I still don't really agree about the Rage-Evergrey incident. I don't think it was as much the fans not wanting to see Rage, but more of the fanboy reaction to hearing, "Hey guys, Evergrey's signing autographs!" "WHAT? OMG! EEEEEEEEEEEEE!" and running off to catch them. Then they completely missed seeing Rage, and not knowing how good they were. I haven't heard anyone who saw the Rage set say that they didn't kick ass. I just think it was all the die-hard Evergrey fans freaking out at the chance to go hang with them and get pictures and autographs.

But hey, I'm just a bass player, so I'm most likely wrong! ;)
There's 1200 people at PP. There were a few hundred in the lobby with EG. There were a few more hundred back at the hotels already starting the after parties. I think Rage just didn't appeal to a wide enough range of the entire audience.

I don't know whether NR would or would not, but they sure as hell blew everyone away at Powerfest. Unfortunately, ML, who had a great performance the previous year, was not able to hold on to the audience after so much energy was expended on NR. Whether they get to PP this year or not, I certainly hope they do soon, in any slot.

Nocturnal Rites could absolutely headline! They were a superior band at Chicago Powerfest. By far the best of the fest. Extremely tight, heavy, catchy chorus's, they do hold some progress elements, & certainly put on an excellent show. They are all great guys to hang out with too. I am very suprised that they havn't made it to ProgPower yet.