Noise with Podfarm!

I want to upgrade my firewire pci card anyways, is there any that you or any other members recommend?

I know that the Texas Instruments firewire chips are very good.. This card has one

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16815124050&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-na-_-na-_-na&AID=10446076&PID=3640931&SID=skim690X1299X3073b8f22825c195e788080619ff30bf

Honestly, I have had this problem with high gain patches forever.. The only thing that stops computer interference is good grounding, wiring, and good equipment. Its a pain in the ass, but always manageable because you can barely hear it in the mix. A lot of friends with custom computers get this also.

Ahjteam, that's perfect. I peak around -12 and when i'm not playing the noisefloor is -80. Thanks a ton man. Otop, I was looking at that one earlier so i'm glad you suggested it
I have a real cheap Syba card in that I got for $7.99 so this is much needed thanks.

I used to get this weird "swooosh" sound whenever I used the Line 6 noise gate. I tried everything to get rid of it, new USB cables, new guitar cables, turning off all electrical appliances in the house, moving my PC to different rooms... Nothing got rid of it, so I just stopped using L6 sims altogether and just use my GuitarPort as an interface now.

Interestingly, now that I'm just using the GuitarPort as an interface, I'm not getting all those weird electronic swoosh sounds I used to. This has led me to believe that the problem I was having wasn't a hardware related one, but a software one related to POD Farm.

Is this just normal pickup noise that everyone edits out or some type of interference? BTW i'm going
guitar- countryman-ART tube pre-interface with no gain.