Non AA related so don't read if you don't want to

Update: Florida Officials Trying To Prevent 'Suicide Show' - Sep. 19, 2003

Tampa's Bay News 9 is reporting that controversy continues to surround a rock concert, in which a band is promoting a "live on stage" suicide at the State Theatre (photo) in St. Petersburg.

On Thursday (September 18), the owner of the venue met with St. Petersburg police, who along with city leaders are intent on preventing the act.

HELL ON EARTH frontman Billy Tourtelot claims the band will let a terminally ill person commit suicide as an act of defiance during their show on Oct. 4.

"Bringing dying with dignity to the forefront is really what it's all about," said Tourtelot.

But political message or not, St. Petersburg Mayor Rick Baker (photo) says a live suicide won't take place at the State Theatre if he can help it.

"A public suicide as a form of entertainment — that's a sick concept," Baker said. "And that is not something that we should permit in the city. We are looking at our legal options. We continue to look at those and we will pursue them."
Baker is looking into the city's legal options.

State Theatre owner David Hundley says police didn't force him to shut down the show, but they won't have to if he finds out this is anything more than a cheap stage stunt.

"I don't want to see anybody off themselves, especially in my building," said Hundley. "But the guy's done some wacky stuff in the past."

Hundley says he'll seek legal counsel before deciding if he'll let the band's show go on. St. Pete police are still investigating the onstage suicide plan, and say they aren't yet convinced that this isn't just an elaborate hoax to boost ticket sales.

Billy the singer is the only orginial band member left now. The former band members are friends of mine and have left due to the downward spiral of Billy and this band. This is a last ditch effort on HOE's part to salvage this band is my opinion. But you have to give them credit......they have overnight become a household topic of dicussion! :ill: This was even mentioned in Rolling Stone magazine. http://www.rollingstone.com/news/newsarticle.asp?nid=18696

Justametalchick said:
Billy the singer is the only orginial band member left now. The former band members are friends of mine and have left due to the downward spiral of Billy and this band. This is a last ditch effort on HOE's part to salvage this band is my opinion. But you have to give them credit......they have overnight become a household topic of dicussion! :ill: This was even mentioned in Rolling Stone magazine. http://www.rollingstone.com/news/newsarticle.asp?nid=18696

Its cheap its lame and sadly people are falling for it... it is a sad sad day.