Non-gay bro thread a.k.a. Random offtopic stuff.

Hah, it would probably be slightly less lame if the DE did stand for Dream Evil, but it's actually just a combination of my initials and the nWo 4 life slogan. I'm sure as a 12 year old I thought it was cool. Nowadays not so much, but what can you do. Sometimes you've gotta own your choices. At least as I near 40 I'm not posing in a wifebeater with hipster glasses whilst writing lyrics aimed at angsty teenagers.

Not aimed at anyone obvs, just a general comment.

Reactions: Xpyro125 and mindd
Dead Eternity would be another good shout as something halfway respectable, as that is indeed an all-timer. No I am not the fella from The Temptations. I imagine he and I lead very different lives, mainly on account of him being deceased these days.

Daniel Erlandsson, no, sadly not. My lacklustre hand-eye co-ordination wouldn't lend itself very well to drumming :rofl:

I think Eochaid and Ciko have come across me on Facebook before, so I regret to say that I believe those two have an unfair advantage in this game.

Reactions: Xpyro125
Random 10 from Winamp... it really whips the llama's ass, you know?

Cradle of Filth - She is a Fire
Dark Tranquillity - Format C: For Cortex
Ne Obliviscaris - Eyrie
Iron Maiden - The Evil That Men Do
Pyramaze - Year of the Phoenix
Our Eternity - Bloodstained
Devin Townsend Project - Transcendence
Mercenary - Redefine Me
STARSET - ICARUS
Sabaton - The Last Stand

I put Dick Eater into Facebook but you didn't show up. Just a bunch of unsavory stuff. Weird.

Yeah I would not recommend typing those kinds of things into facebook, it can only end badly. David Erickson is a no, but he looks like he's done some stuff worthy of these prestigious initials.

Not so much a random 10 as the last 10 songs I listened to, but why not switch up the format.

Beast in Black - Power of the Beast (Power Metal, 2024)
Zebrahead - Falling Apart (Punk Rock, 2003)
Thornbridge - Bird of Salvation (Power Metal, 2024)
Ayreon - And The Druids Turned to Stone (Prog Metal, 2000)
Arena - Ghost in the Firewall (Prog Rock, 2000)
Lovebites - A Frozen Serenade (Power Metal, 2020)
Saint Deamon - My Heart (Power Metal, 2008)
Zwei - Lyra (J-Pop, 2016)
Porcupine Tree - The Sound of Muzak (Prog Rock, 2002)
Something Corporate - Straw Dog (Punk Rock, 2000)

Mainly bouncing between modern day and the early 2000s this time around. All clean vocals too. Life is this way sometimes I guess.

Reactions: Xpyro125
Dead Eternity would be another good shout as something halfway respectable, as that is indeed an all-timer. No I am not the fella from The Temptations. I imagine he and I lead very different lives, mainly on account of him being deceased these days.

Daniel Erlandsson, no, sadly not. My lacklustre hand-eye co-ordination wouldn't lend itself very well to drumming :rofl:

I think Eochaid and Ciko have come across me on Facebook before, so I regret to say that I believe those two have an unfair advantage in this game.
I think that also on twitter and YouTube. But I cannot remember your name.

Hah, it would probably be slightly less lame if the DE did stand for Dream Evil, but it's actually just a combination of my initials and the nWo 4 life slogan. I'm sure as a 12 year old I thought it was cool. Nowadays not so much, but what can you do. Sometimes you've gotta own your choices. At least as I near 40 I'm not posing in a wifebeater with hipster glasses whilst writing lyrics aimed at angsty teenagers.

Not aimed at anyone obvs, just a general comment.
But with reverse initials it would have become ED4life. :D Considering this DE4life probably isn’t that bad after all.

Unless the DE stands for Dysfunctional Erection.

Personally, now I just think he is so narcissistic that he walks around yelling "Daniel Ellis for life!" at people. Or "David Evans for life!" Or "Dean Emmerson for life!"

I don't know how to respond to most of this, however

So... @DE4life , are you the Blackburn Rovers supporter and metal connoisseur at twitter?

As far as this one is concerned - probably? I haven't used Twitter in a while but there can't be too many people with that combination of experience and expertise.

As far as tonight is concerned, it's that time again boys

@eochaid's lads will probably smash us into oblivion, but maybe, just maybe... could it finally be coming home?

For real, I thought it stood for Dream Evil.

On a personal note, I've been making steady progress with my little music project. Super excited with the way things are headed, and I have my fingers crossed that some of my more adventurous ideas will come to fruition. Once this thing sees the light of day, I'll be sure to loop in the crew here. Who knows -- it may even suit your tastes.

At least, I can say that I know your first name.
I don't know how to respond to most of this, however

As far as this one is concerned - probably? I haven't used Twitter in a while but there can't be too many people with that combination of experience and expertise.

As far as tonight is concerned, it's that time again boys

@eochaid's lads will probably smash us into oblivion, but maybe, just maybe... could it finally be coming home?

I can remember yours, as it's quite unique (assuming the name you use on FB/Twitter is your actual name anyway). I saw Ciko on FB as well but forget what his name was now. Probably changed it by deedpoll to Anders Friden Jr by now anyway.

My name on Facebook is my real name (kind of unique since there are around, only, 1000 people in the workd sharing my surname, and it's not what you would expect from a Spanish surname). On twitter is just a nickname, just like here, since twitter is by far a more dangerous place. Then only (full) name that I know,is that of Slave.