Non-metal music you listen

Oh and hey Orchid, I know I'm new and all, but if it counts at all your band rocks.

Check My Sig
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
\/

Originally posted by MarigoldInBloom
Oh and hey Orchid, I know I'm new and all, but if it counts at all your band rocks.

I don't see how it matters whether someone is new to this board or an old fart.. ANYWAY, thanks for the compliments. :) Positive comments encourage us to work harder all the time. Cheers! =)

Yeah, Radiohead really rules ! Their depressive ballads are driving me insane ! From their new alb "Amnesiac" I LOVE "Pyramid Song"(sucha sadness!!! :cry: ) and "Knives Out"(much like old ballads), other songs are not for me. I also very like inlay and cover of album: so depressive! The phrases "take the money and then run" or "never pick it up"(under phone) making such atmosphere of great danger and imminent bad things, and two songs I mentioned I thing become this inlay. It's a pity that other songs for me don't contain danger atmosphere. Radiohead are great.

Originally posted by godisanathiest
Hehe, I flaunt my passion for 2 unlimited openly ;) along with ace of base :p

Maybe we should have a 2 unlimited forum here, as there seems to be fans here... :lol:

Soundgarden (Just about everything except Down on the Upside)
Bjork (Post Album)
Primus (Pork Soda)
Frank Sinatra (Various songs)
Diana Obscura (Just saw her perform live yesterday :D )
Weird Al Yankovic (Most anything, really)
Sir Mix-A-Lot (Various songs)
Soul Hackers soundtrack (Video Game)
Samurai Shodown soundtracks (More video games)
Actually... I love a boatload of videogame soundtracks. :)

I bet I could list more, but I'm tired of trying to think of any...

About Godspeed you Black Emperor... I found one of their albums used yesterday, and it was a two disk compilation-thing... when I tried to listen to disc 1 in the store, I heard nothing. Two tracks of nothing. Actually, there was a short blip of sound in track 2 near the beginning. Was this CD damaged, or does this sound right?

Well

Pink Floyd from 'Meddle' to 'The Final Cut'
Pearl Jam 'Ten' & 'Vitalogy'
Alice in Chains - everything
Tori Amos - Almost everything
Rush - Absolutely Everything
Jean Michel Jarre - 'Zoolook' 'Oxygen' 'Equinox'
Primus 'Sailing the Seas of Cheese'
Misfits - Everything
Dead Kennedys - Everything
Exploited - Everything I Had
and Bad Religion - Everything also
Kiss - Painted Stuff

And I don' remember right now but I listen a lot of other rock stuff
but not any other non rock music but mentioned before, and I really enjoy when a metal band makes a cover from a non rock song

like Blind Guardian - To France of Mike Oldfield
or In Flames - Everything Counts of Depeche Mode :heh:

about godspeed you black emperor.....all I can say are two words: "WHAT" and "THE".

I can also say that it's refreshing to hear something out of the ordinary.