Non Partisan Review of Chicago Show

ZeeZooZum

May 1, 2005
I've never posted here before. So, I thought I'd give a quick non-partisan review of the show. By that I mean, though I am a fan of Anthrax and have all their cds, on some fundamental level I don't really give a shit if Bush or Joey is their singer. I've seen them live over the years, have played their cds many times, and they have given me entertainment over the years. But I also have a life (expect when there is nothing on tv like now) and hundreds of other cds and other concert experiences. So, the band doesn't owe me shit nor I them.

That said, I did go to the show excited because of the simple fact that I hadn't seen this line-up for 13yrs. Whether this is step back or forward, I could also give a shit. Like I said Anthrax owes me nothing more than the years of enjoyment they have given me over the years.....

So for some non-partisan general impressions of the show. Overall, I thought the show was quite good, but not without some problems. While everyone brought a lot of energy, they did sound a little under-rehearsed. Joey was rusty at times, but nothing a few shows couldn't fix. In other words, he didn't completely shot or anything like that. Just rusty at times. He sounded like it was second show back in the band. Danny played fine I thought, but also nothing special. Also, I think the band seemed a little out a sync at times, but would quickly come back together. In the end, it did feel more like a warm-up show for something better. But I think if they bring the energy they brought to the show to this "reunion" I think the rusts will work out. I'd see them again in the fall if they come through again.....

Sounds like a fair analysis to me. Did anyone honestly expect them to bring the 1990 level of polish to their live show right away? Crap, I'm surprised they weren't running over each other and singing the wrong song half the time. If they did that well after being off that long, I say: "Well done!" and "COME BACK TO THE PACIFIC NORTHWEST FOR GOD'S SAKE."

So Perth really wins then ... :) seeing they are last on the Aussie leg.

Yeah - we're just so lucky to have them come over!!!! Any Ozzie board members flying over for the show? My shout at the bar if you do!