My "somewhat" Chicago review

ThraxDude said:
You spelled 'fag' wrong.
Damn, that ain't right! :D Hey Buddy, I think I saw you there last night, but it's hard to tell, having only seen your picture on here.

Mr. Wu, if you read this, thanks for a great show Sunday night! I tried to get tickets for Saturday too, but couldn't! My friend who I dragged along with me is a big John Bush fan, but I convinced him to give it a shot with Joey. He ended up having a great time too!

iron_maiden said:
if joey had sung on s.o.w.n. it would have been a disaster and one that anthrax may never fully recovered from
And because Bush sang on it, Anthrax scaled the heights of superstardom? Bush joining was the beginning of Anthrax's decline in popularity -- compare the number of gold records Joey-era Anthrax has compared to Bush-era Anthrax (3 to 1, 4 if you include "I'm the Man").

Not that Bush is horrible, he just never was "Anthrax" to me, and apparently many other fans who bailed on Anthrax felt the same.

Schi Schi SCHIZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZM.

Each to their own. To those that can't stand Joey, thats cool you're still Thrax fans. To those that can't stand John, thats cool too, you're still Thrax fans. To those than love both of em, thats cool as well, You're still Thrax fans.

To quote the great godfather of Death Metal, Kamahl (Aussie fans will know who I am talking bout), why is the world so unkind?

Less than a fortnight now til Adelaide/Heaven show! Adelaide fans get in there - tickets still available.

jrstinkfish said:
And because Bush sang on it, Anthrax scaled the heights of superstardom? Bush joining was the beginning of Anthrax's decline in popularity -- compare the number of gold records Joey-era Anthrax has compared to Bush-era Anthrax (3 to 1, 4 if you include "I'm the Man").

Not that Bush is horrible, he just never was "Anthrax" to me, and apparently many other fans who bailed on Anthrax felt the same.
Even if they have kept Joey in the band, they wouldn't have being bigger, every metal band have gone down, because musical taste have change and metal were no more mainstream.
It's always make me laugh when Joey's fans says: They were most popular with Joey.
Yes, but maybe if they have stay with him, they could have being less popular than with John.
:loco:

Anthrax is and will always be better with John in the band.

Matt Bello said:
Even if they have kept Joey in the band, they wouldn't have being bigger, every metal band have gone down, because musical taste have change and metal were no more mainstream.
It's always make me laugh when Joey's fans says: They were most popular with Joey.
Yes, but maybe if they have stay with him, they could have being less popular than with John.
:loco:

Anthrax is and will always be better with John in the band.

It would be very difficult for them to be less popular than they ended up with Bush at the helm. You really have no idea what would've happened had they stayed with Joey. We do know what happened when they ditched him for John -- a steady decline culminating in his eventual forced departure.

It's obvious the fans wanted Joey, and they left in droves once they realized how incredibly ordinary Anthrax was without him.

jrstinkfish said:

i was one of them who bailed cause i was so disapointed of that album

other then your speculation this can actually be backed up with facts..bigger albums, bigger tours, probobly bigger merch sales all happened with the ATL lineup... personally I like SOWN , WCFA and Stomp as much as any of Anthrax's other releases.....euphoria and Vol. 8 being the lesser stuff.

spacebeer said:
It's a mediocre ANTHRAX album nothing more nothing less...definately the best with Bush though!

Hmmm....I guess it's true what they say about opinions....

YOU GUYS ARE ALL WRONG!!!
The success of Anthrax has nothing to do with their singer.
If Elektra Records didn't make the big switch-a-roo and fuck Anthrax, the band would be doing well. Sound of White Noise got more radio play in the US than anything Anthrax has ever done, before or since SOWN.
If some big wig in the Mu$ic Bu$ine$$ ha$ a lot of MONEY and likes your band, you will do fine. No matter how good or bad you are.
Just look at $t. Anger- the worst album ever released. It's making millions more than WCFYA or even Among The Living.
So, please, pull your heads out of your asses.

ThraxDude said:
YOU GUYS ARE ALL WRONG!!!
The success of Anthrax has nothing to do with their singer.
If Elektra Records didn't make the big switch-a-roo and fuck Anthrax, the band would be doing well. Sound of White Noise got more radio play in the US than anything Anthrax has ever done, before or since SOWN.
If some big wig in the Mu$ic Bu$ine$$ ha$ a lot of MONEY and likes your band, you will do fine. No matter how good or bad you are.
Just look at $t. Anger- the worst album ever released. It's making millions more than WCFYA or even Among The Living.
So, please, pull your heads out of your asses.

VERY VERY VERY GOOD Point there dude. I always felt this as well - I always felt that had Elektra not changed management Thrax would be huge.