My "somewhat" Chicago review

aliasp said:
VERY VERY VERY GOOD Point there dude. I always felt this as well - I always felt that had Elektra not changed management Thrax would be huge.
Yes, Elektra became a part of the WEA clusterfuck, and every band that was signed along with the A&R guys that signed them, were pretty well screwed. It never made much sense to me that Elektra still plugged AC/DC, Pantera, and Metallica but wouldn't touch Stomp 442 that album was heavy as hell, but also had a polished production and the singles for "Fueled" and "Nothing" should have been huge. That whole time was pretty f*cked up for Anthrax. Even though they kicked ass on the summer '96 tour w/ the Misfits, LOA, and Cannibal Corpse, at times it seemed like they were going through the motions because of all of the turmoil. It was the Pantera tour a year later that really seemed to re-ignite them.

"Yes, Elektra became a part of the WEA clusterfuck"

Actually, Elektra was always part of WEA. Warner/Elektra/Atlantic...get it?

"It never made much sense to me that Elektra still plugged AC/DC, Pantera, and Metallica but wouldn't touch Stomp 442"

While I actually agree with you about 'Stomp 442' (gasp!), I'd say they stuck with artists who had a bigger history with the label. Anthrax was only on their second album with Elektra, and metal wasn't exactly the biggest thing going at the time. But, Metallica, AC/DC and Pantera were pretty much guaranteed to sell a million records out of the gate.

chiefs45177 said:
"Yes, Elektra became a part of the WEA clusterfuck"

Actually, Elektra was always part of WEA. Warner/Elektra/Atlantic...get it?

"It never made much sense to me that Elektra still plugged AC/DC, Pantera, and Metallica but wouldn't touch Stomp 442"

While I actually agree with you about 'Stomp 442' (gasp!), I'd say they stuck with artists who had a bigger history with the label. Anthrax was only on their second album with Elektra, and metal wasn't exactly the biggest thing going at the time. But, Metallica, AC/DC and Pantera were pretty much guaranteed to sell a million records out of the gate.

Is that your Tattoo as your avitar?????