NORTHER!!!

The Bringer said:
If they sound like anything it would be like Follow the Reaper songs with the Hatebreeder production.

Heavier and without classical influences.

I would say its like Hatebreeder but with a nice "Groove" to it, if that makes any scence

thanks to this forum ive been getting into norther.. i like the mirror of madness?? album, i think thats what its called, its on my ipod and cant be bothered checking (even tho its sitting on my desk next to me)

basically i find them to be cob clones but not in a bad way.. when youve had enough of cob's albums and need more (in between waiting for a new one to come out) but still want that cob sound.. then norther are for you.. only bit of a downside is the guitar and keys arent QUITE as good as cob, but theyre still solid so im not complainin..

The first time I heard a song of them, I said the same thing. But now, I find that they sounds totally different... Their music is more speed, dark and sad than COB.

You should listen to the Death Unlimited album ;)

compared to cob the big advantage of norther is, that their music is more reasoned.

cob's newer stuff is only "fast - loud - fuck". every song is basicly the same and predictable.
norther's songs are more individual. there's an idea behind every song.

that's something you can also see in the way they solo.
cob's solos are in some way "just" difficult.
the norther solos are fitting better into the songs.

(of course that's my opinion ;))

dude666 said:
like imperanon ;)

Exactly.

I think there is a huge difference between Norther and CoB noticeable from Solution 7 and on. Norther wants to do what they want and CoB wants to please tons and tons of people and become huge and popular.

I've met Norther a number of times at parties, gigs, etc and believe me... they are not the most beautiful men. Watch them play a sweaty gig in a small, smokey, hot as fuck club and you'll know that they are greasy and dirty too. :lol:

dude666 said:
compared to cob the big advantage of norther is, that their music is more reasoned.

cob's newer stuff is only "fast - loud - fuck". every song is basicly the same and predictable.
norther's songs are more individual. there's an idea behind every song.
disagree.
example:
Norther- Fuck You :zombie: