Norvegian or Swedish

Originally posted by falling bird

Anyway, i like both languages :)

me,too :loco:

uhmmmm,seriously ....
both norwegian and swedish bands have something special,so i go for both......
and yup,I agree with Kveldssanger and falling bird,Norwegain bands are far more experimental.....
:cool:

Well I like both..always did. Swedish bands are very appealing, but so is the whole Scandinavian scene. I am learning Swedish right now and its great! Just thought I would add that to this.

Finland has tons of 'funeral doom' bands and invented this style...
Finland has those funny melo-death/black bands that use lots of keyboards like Children of Bodom (I know that their image and their lyrics are ridiculous, but the music is great!!). Besides that they have....Eternal Tears of Sorrow (their 3rd album is one of my all-time faves), Throes of Dawn, Amorphis, Kalmah, Skepticism..............

well, the finnish scene isn't as big, but the bands have a very high standard and some of the most influencal bands come from there (Amorphis, CoB, Skepticism were all pioneers in their own styles when they started out...)

Amorphis, CoB, Skepticism were all pioneers in their own styles when they started out...

While I like Amorphis's early work much I don't see Karelian Isthmus as being that pioneering while Tales was a bit more original.

CoB... Are you serious?

Skepticism is another great band but still the style was pioneered by the likes of Thergothon and Unholy though both of them were finnish also.

Funeral doom is the only place where finnish bands shine nowadays.

my Enochian Crescent, The Black League, old Sentenced, old Amorphis, old Demigod :D

Originally posted by Scarlett1313
Well I like both..always did. Swedish bands are very appealing, but so is the whole Scandinavian scene. I am learning Swedish right now and its great! Just thought I would add that to this.

i feel honoured that someone would like to learn our small and somewhat odd language :)
good luck with your studies, but what on earth does you signature mean? the litte text that is :)

All the Scandinavian scene. The Swedish/Norwegian/Finnish saves metal from the nu-metal(...Previously called un-metal)