Norway V. Sweden

Which is more badass?

• Norway

Votes: 15 51.7%
  • Sweden

Votes: 14 48.3%

• Total voters
close, they are in the top ten.

current suicide rate ranking as of 2008...

1.LITHUIANIA
2.BELARUS
3.RUSSIA
4.SRI-LANKA
5.HUNGARY
6.SLOVENIA
7.KAZAKHSTAN
8.LATVIA
9.JAPAN
10.UKRAINE
11.GUYANA
12.REPUBLIC OF KOREA
13.ESTONIA
14.BELGIUM
15.FINLAND

http://fathersforlife.org/health/who_suicide_rates.htm

Holy shit

9 Countries are from the Eastern Bloc, wow, things must really suck then

I honestly thought it was Finland that had the highest suicide rate

What? Why? Its very pleasent living here and the emo culture isnt that over here..

What? Why? Its very pleasent living here and the emo culture isnt that over here..

I'm not saying that it isn't but the stats back it up

See the below paragraph which I lifted from the article "Suicide rates of the world and why people kill themselves"

Group 2 (a medium high suicide rate): Countries like Belgium (21), Finland (20) Switzerland (18), Austria (18] France (17.6), S. Korea (17.9) and Japan (23.8] too have a fairly high rate of suicide. It gets more complicated here. About 2-3 men here kill themselves as compared to 1 woman. As these are well-to-do countries, economics alone cannot play a part. It makes sense to think that is the personal and social aspect that causes people to kill themselves. Feelings of loneliness and depression for example. A family or personal crises. High levels of competition in society and expectations from oneself and society which are not met.

Interestingly in the UK it's way lower and I would have thought it would be higher as well

Group 4 (Low suicide rate): Countries like Spain (8.2), Italy (7.1), UK (6.9), Israel (6.3), Argentina (6.4), Brazil (4.1), Thailand (4), Iran (2), Kuwait, (2) Egypt and Jordan (0) have a very low suicide rate. It appears as if the suicide rate is low or almost non existent in Muslim countries. Well, Islam forbids suicide, so it could explain the figures. But I think a zero rate of suicide is indeed odd. There are always mentally ill people in every population and a high proportion of depressed people and those who suffer from mood related disorders commit suicide. If Islam does not allow suicide it is likely that families could be hiding the actual facts.

Countries like Spain, Italy, UK, Israel, Argentina and Brazil do indeed seem happy countries if one goes by the suicide statistics. And where the difference between the men and women are concerned, here like the rest of the world, a lot more men commit suicide as compared to women (about 3-4 to 1) . In Thailand it is about 2-3 men to 1 woman.

Finnish men drink, their wives leave them, they get depressed and kill themselves.
Finnish men drink ALOT and not just beer that you drink alot in UK, we drink alot of Koskenkorva which is 38% alcohol. I've seen some statistictics about countries drinking most amount of pure alcohol compared to population (note: that means drinknig 38% is more pure alcohol than drinking alot of beer) and Finland is always one of the very top countries. Germany and Ireland drink alot of beer. But we in Finland are real drunken fuckers...

How many straight swedish men does it take to change a light bolt? Only 1 but where can we find him?

From the comments it seems I have mistaken a word in that joke. Im sorry my english is far from perfect. Is it light bulb then or what is it that you have a light in the roof?