Notable releases to come 2010 edition

Not sure what I think of this new Kayo Dot song. Other than that I will give it about 80 more chances before I decide.

ALCEST
0979b5ee88badee302862ef400300d15.jpg

The successor of ALCEST's highly acclaimed debut album "Souvenirs D'un Autre Monde" will be entitled "Écailles De Lune", and the release is scheduled for March 29, 2010. Its cover artwork (see left) is definitely one of the most beautiful we have ever seen, and thus we are very proud to unveil it.

The "Écailles De Lune" track listing:

1. Écailles De Lune (part I)
2. Écailles De Lune (part II)
3. Percées De Lumière
4. Abysses
5. Solar Song
6. Sur L'Océan Couleur De Fer

The album will be released as standard jewelcase CD, limited Digibook CD, limited box set (incl. Digibook CD, wallflag, and set of postcards; lim 1.000), and limited gatefold LP (incl. poster and available in two editions: "classic edition" (black vinyl, lim. 500) and "deep sea edition" (blue vinyl, lim. 500)). More information about the album soon!

The much anticipated debut album by LES DISCRETS, "Septembre Et Ses Dernières Pensées", will be released on March 29, 2010. See its fairylike cover artwork left.

The "Septembre Et Ses Dernières Pensées" track listing:

1. L'envol Des Corbeaux
2. L'échappée
3. Les Feuilles De L'olivier
4. Song For Mountains
5. Sur Les Quais
6. Effet De Nuit
7. Septembre Et Ses Dernières Pensées
8. Chanson D'automne
9. Svipdagr & Freyja
10. Une Matinée D'hiver

The album will be released as limited Digipak CD (standard first press edition), limited artbook edition (28x28 cm format, incl. CD, 56 pages with lots of paintings by Fursy Teyssier, background information texts, lyrics translations, band pictures etc. plus DVD with the highly acclaimed "Tir Nan Og" short film; lim. 1.000), and limited gatefold LP (incl. poster, lim. 500). More information about the album soon!

the production really lets it down and drains a lot of the energy

the production really lets it down and drains a lot of the energy

That's exactly what I did NOT want to hear. Is it another victim of compression? The original Victims of Deception sounds fucking amazing. I haven't heard the remaster though but can only assume that they fucked it up like every other remaster.

WTF, seriously. :mad:

That's exactly what I did NOT want to hear. Is it another victim of compression? The original Victims of Deception sounds fucking amazing. I haven't heard the remaster though but can only assume that they fucked it up like every other remaster.

WTF, seriously. :mad:

yeah it's crushed to hell, no dynamics, but that's pretty much to be expected these days. even if it wasn't, the guitar sound is too sterile and so forth, i don't like what it sounds like at all

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5lYC__1xMs&fmt=18[/ame]

the songs are still good so maybe you can deal

That band, In Vain, that some of you guys were gushing about just released a new album.

Also, Erik is right. The new Heathen album is absolutely ruined by the production/mastering job. I'm getting used to it nowadays.

Oh, and:

Kayo Dot are going to start recording a new EP on march the 18th.

We also have begun working on a new EP. More details will be released soon, but for now, we can tell you that starting March 18, we'll be doing this one at Zing Studios in Westfield, MA again with Jim Fogarty - the studio and man behind our albums Choirs of the Eye, Dowsing Anemone With Copper Tongue, Toby Driver's In The L..L..Library Loft, and maudlin of the Well's Part The Second, Bath, and Leaving Your Body Map. Watch this space for more news soon!

http://www.kayodot.net/kayodot/index.php?text=home