Nottingham - Rock City, 27th Nov

Chris your the guy in front of the black dude...not the bloodbath guy the other one. What do I win? :Spin:

PedanticGuest said:
Straight off the desk? That's recorded with moderately priced, and in fact fairly bassy, miniature microphones. Was intended to demonstrate that, as has now been said, there are always going to be parts of a venue that sound better than others. Evidently did the trick! :)

I wouldn't say City is particularly bad for sound, just regularly average. Rare to get the instruments quite as distinguished from each other as they were last night - I think a lower-than-usual volume helped. For the record, the Basement's sound is usually excellent. Also worth noting that Opeth doubtless have their own soundman who always does the best he can for what he knows of their sound in every venue they play.

Cool! I should get one of those little mics - I'm impressed. Of course some parts of the venue sound better than others. Were you quite near the front? Would have been a good move under the circumstances - more backline hitting your ears (or mic) and less PA! Also, those mics compress <100 Hz like crazy, which is exactly the right medicine. Anyway... enough geeky whining. Last time I thought the sound was fabulous, and I went away happy. This time I thought the sound sucked and I went away disappointed. But I'm glad it hit the spot for you!

I saw Isis in the basement, and the sound was fantastic.

Neil-o-Mac said:
Tonight's Glasgow set was pretty similar to the Notts set, minus Baying and with Demon of the Fall as the set closer. No real encore because of the curfew to turn the venue over into nightclub mode. Still, pretty fucking good, even though Mike was ill apparently. They really need a better arrangement for the mixing desk for Garage gigs. Having the desk at the side of the stage is really fucking stupid.

Oh and for those that were there...<death metal voice>ROB ROY!</death metal voice>

They've done many albums, and they're legends. ;)
Mike is ill? shiiit

-Vintersorg- said:
Wow, I've never seen Mike in a red Kiss shirt and red jeans before..

crappy phone picture :p

The guitarist from Burst took the picture for us (the blonde haired one) while he was on stage sound checking. Afterwards, my friend (the one somone circled above) said 'Thanks! now FUCK OFF' which just made everyone there laugh (including the guitarist bloke). After Burst played and everyone had appluaded them, he shouted the same thing again - they all laughed though.

He wasnt serious, he is more of a fan of Burst than Opeth anyway. One of the funniest gigs ive been to for people shouting out random stuff!

So, are you going to keep it a secret your entire life, or will you tell us what Burst were like!?

Under the weeping moon only gets good when the unqie bass line comes in at the end, much rather hear twlight is my robe as far as orchid goes.

Is this set list real?