Appreciation for Opeth

Okay... I restrained myself from posting an enormous political diatribe, but I must respond to Black Session's remark, "Maybe its about time a war is waged in your country, perhaps then you'll learn." Maybe its about time you WIN a war in your country, perhaps then you'll learn the value of a military.

I'm an American and I don't think war OR guns are cool. So much for your generalizations!

same here, i love it when people generalize an entire country.

man i hate europeans, every single european fights at football games and gets drunk as fuck every night, and they're very abusive. :)

I just got out of boot camp and 3 months is one hell of a long time not to be able to listen to my favorite band. I was having mad withdrawls... I dont wanna sound gay saying that, but I seriously missed the music, and just wanted to let it be known that Opeth really is the fucking best band ever.

Cut out the political shit guys and focus on the above part.

^ Yes! The thread is called "Appreciation for Opeth", so show some!

As far as I can see, Opeth is the only band I like (my favorite as well) that has remained consistent by releasing good material that improves with each new release. Their cataloge is simply amazing. Lots of other bands seem to go in the opposite direction and most of the good stuff is found only on their earlier albums.

yeah sorry, i just threw in the part about opeth on the rifle range cause i got to hear them in bootcamp, the unlikliest of places.

big difference between me being in the army and being in the marines. I am a marine. It shows your ignorance right there.

Its about honor and tradition, and being a part of something bigger than yourself, not to go kill people. I personally dont agree with the war, but when youre going no where fast in your life, its a hell of a thing to be part of the military.

Just thought I would try to defend my name a bit.

As someone said above, 3 months blows without good music. In my opinion, that was one of the hardest parts of getting through, cause whenever I was bored before military life, I would turn on some music, and usually it would be some Opeth.

Once again, back to the main point. Thank you Opeth for producing great tunes.

dont let it bother you my friend. some people on this board.. well most...are assholes. me being one most of the time. :)
keep safe devil dog.
semper fi.

btw where was your bootcamp?

Opeth > Marines + guns and the tree huggers coiling.

So, uponanoakenthrone what is your favorite album/song?

Semper Fi dude ... or whatever. pffff. excuse me for confusing the marines with the army ... *sarcasm* totally forgot how the marines have nothing to do with all the crap going on unleashed by the US military. btw, the Hitler Jugend were described in exactly the same way as you are describing boot camp stuff ...

oh yeah: opeth rule ... so, now i'm on topic.

Semper Fi dude ... or whatever. pffff. excuse me for confusing the marines with the army ... *sarcasm* totally forgot how the marines have nothing to do with all the crap going on unleashed by the US military. btw, the Hitler Jugend were described in exactly the same way as you are describing boot camp stuff ...

you realise you've just blamed a geopolitical situation on foot soldiers, and compared the marines to the hitler jugend? please stop arguing about stuff you don't have a clue about.

oh yeah: opeth rule ... so, now i'm on topic.

Yeah, be a good fanboy

^ and i guess black session missed this part of uponanokenthrone's comment....

"I personally dont agree with the war".

i can get it back to opeth...

"There is deep prejudice in me , Outshines all reason inside "