Opeth for Breakfast ???

well, my alarm starts at the beginning of the cd, w/ enemy within. it starts off with that little keyboard intro, but if ure asleep, u dont hear it, and then bam, at :45 when everything kicks in, u wake up. i fell out of bed, and my rm yelled to duck and cover. it was hilarious.

I've tried working out to Blackwater Park, but can't! I pay too much attention to the music than actually exercising!
Lifting weights is probably different; however, when running I can zone out and completely concentrate on the music and therefore I forget how boring running on a treadmill can be.

In the mornings I have a 20min walk to the bus-stop, then a 1/2 hr bus ride to work.
On a typically cool, brisk New Zealand morning at approx 6:30am, I'm walking just behind a hill, where the sun is rising through the trees, and that is a perfect time for Masters Apprentices or To Bid You Farewell, of which I was walking past the hill & trees one morning when Mikael was performing "I am awaiting the sunrise; Gazing modestly through the coldest morning". Kinda freaky at the time.

Most of my MP3 player has Opeth, the rest is scattered Dark Tranquillity, Nile, Pink Floyd, and Edge of Sanity. When I'm coming home I like to listen to Nile's Lashed To The Slave Stick while I'm walking up the hill.

Yes. Opeth is my daily breakfast :D

I always need a good dose of loud music, be it Opeth or otherwise, to get me feeling enthusiastic in the morning. Its almost enough to make me forget the hours of lectures i will have to suffer through later on in the day

I used to listen to Opeth when I got back from high school, years ago. It used to chill me out after a stressful day.

When I go to the gym, I don't listen to anything. It's easy to lose mental focus when good music is playing in the background. I'd much rather something unobtrusive. The gym solves those problems perfectly by playing the top 40, which are utter shite and there's no way in hell it will detract from my mental intensity.

i listen to it on the way to school, at school, on the way home from school, and at home all night... seriously lol... cant get enough of that Opeth criiiisp.. you can neva get enough.

Yup, Opeth is great in the morning and at the gym (well so is death metal in general) but only on a treadmill or elliptical machine. Doing crunches or weights I don't listen to anything.