Opeth for Breakfast ???

opeth8

My Arms, Your Casket
Sep 29, 2005
USA
I'm up around 5:30 in the morning & typically play my 1st Opeth song on the way to the gym. Then while I'm working out I listen to my MP3 player which always includes an Opeth song or two. On days that I don't work I always get up & blast Deliverance while I'm in the shower. It has been a very long time since, I haven't heard an Opeth song 1st thing in the morning. Does anyone else need their Opeth fix to function properly ? My day just wouldn't be the same without Mike & the boys early in the morning.

I'm guessing there's probably alot more of you who listen to Opeth at the end of the day regularly.

Let the thread bashing begin

I always listen to Opeth at the gym, otherwise I cannot function. I have a ipod shuffle & I fit almost all (I have to sacrifice about 6 songs) of the Opeth Cds and just listen to them while I run. I normally love running to Demon of the Fall, The Moor, Godhead's Lament, Ghost Of Perdition, Deliverance and When. For a while my ipod broke and I could not run at all without listening to Opeth, I could only walk on the treadmill- it is strange how much the music affects me and gives me the ability to run.

I cherish the rare silence of the morning hours. (My roomates don't wake up till noon.)

Running to Deliverance?! I'd be trippin'.

opeth is my alarm clock, and sometimes i'll get caught up in the beauty of the music and not turn it off until my roommate throws something at me.

alienuth said:
opeth is my alarm clock, and sometimes i'll get caught up in the beauty of the music and not turn it off until my roommate throws something at me.

oohh. Good idea.

Advent will be my new alarm. heh. sorry roomates. :heh:

I can't do that :lol: I tried the "death metal wakeup call" before but I woke up, thought to myself great song, and fell back asleep. I need something terrible to wake up to so i jump out of bed to halt the offending sound.

Kenneth R. said:
I can't do that :lol: I tried the "death metal wakeup call" before but I woke up, thought to myself great song, and fell back asleep. I need something terrible to wake up to so i jump out of bed to halt the offending sound.

ah true. I'll probably dream of an Opeth gig. I'll give it a shot anyway.

try the locust. very scary. or arch enemy's wages of sin. sounds like a machine gun when you're half-asleep. i fell out of bed the first time i set that one on. or you could try the beach boys.

WinterSonnet said:
I always listen to Opeth at the gym, otherwise I cannot function. I have a ipod shuffle & I fit almost all (I have to sacrifice about 6 songs) of the Opeth Cds and just listen to them while I run. I normally love running to Demon of the Fall, The Moor, Godhead's Lament, Ghost Of Perdition, Deliverance and When. For a while my ipod broke and I could not run at all without listening to Opeth, I could only walk on the treadmill- it is strange how much the music affects me and gives me the ability to run.

I listen to Opeth on my 30G iPod when I row. I shuffle the Opeth folder, and it's pretty amazing. I sometimes switch it up, but mostly it's Opeth.

alienuth said:
try the locust. very scary. or arch enemy's wages of sin. sounds like a machine gun when you're half-asleep. i fell out of bed the first time i set that one on. or you could try the beach boys.
i'm thinking nirvana :lol: :cry: :puke: :erk:

But wait, there's more!

Buy an iPod now and the Opeth discography is yours! It is a $5 value, yours for absolutely free! Call now, the number is 1-SHI-TTH-READ!

I've tried working out to Blackwater Park, but can't! I pay too much attention to the music than actually exercising! :)

I love to listen to Opeth on the way to work and usually listen to Demon of the Fall on the way home on Friday. Great way to get pumped for the weekend!

The gym is actually the only place I don't listen to Opeth, or any music for that matter. I like to concentrate on the big lifts so I prefer it to be quiet.

But I do have a 30-40 minute walk home after the work out (in the evening), and that's a perfect time for music.