Appreciation for Opeth

Isn't music supposed to bring people together? Governments start wars, not people. Last I checked, these forums were full of people with common interests... MUSIC!! Black Session, I have EXTREMELY high doubts that you are any better than the rest of the folks on these threads. I oppose war, and am American (imagine that!!), but who are you blaming?

Control yourself, kid!

By the way, OPETH KICKS ASS! Can't wait for Watershed!

So much for the appreciation for Opeth this thread was supposed to be about...

I had a while without listening to the album Deliverance and I had forgotten how awesome it is! The whole album is so tight and each song seems to be in the right place, creating a great balance between the heavy and soft aspects of their style. Wreath and Deliverance are the most popular tracks of this album and they are amazing indeed, but By The Pain I See In Others is WICKED!

HAHA, YES!!

I got a mix of BWP, Deliverance, and GR spinning right now. Bleaks playing. Thinking of going to my car to get Roundhouse, but it's too cold. MAYH and Still Life are in there too, however...hmmm:headbang:

Isn't music supposed to bring people together? Governments start wars, not people. Last I checked, these forums were full of people with common interests... MUSIC!! Black Session, I have EXTREMELY high doubts that you are any better than the rest of the folks on these threads. I oppose war, and am American (imagine that!!), but who are you blaming?

Control yourself, kid!

By the way, OPETH KICKS ASS! Can't wait for Watershed!

last time i checked people make up governments, so people do start wars.

Regardless, opeth rape souls.

^I'll bet most, if not all, the people on this thread/forum DID NOT make the government(s), besides voting. So calling a people as a whole "brainwashed fuck-ups", just because THE (current) GOVERNMENT likes to wage war, is really inappropriate, judgemental, and is what kicked off this whole stupid bullshit political discussion in the first place. Most troops, WHATEVER COUNTRY THEY'RE FROM, would rather be home than abroad. Even for the minority gung-ho shit heads out there who actually like it, it's still not THEIR fault.

Hell of a thread here. Is this Opeth appreciation or People not appreciating other people? But thanks for clearing the people thing up for me, dude! Glad you checked that out. Thought gov't just appeared out of air.:rolleyes:

I APPRECIATE OPETH FOR THE COMPLETELY FULFILLING MUSICAL EXPERIENCE THAT HAS GRACED MY EARS AND MIND OVER THE YEARS!!
THANKS OPETH.

PSYCHED FOR WATERSHED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:kickass:

They should just make Åkerfeldt president of the USA and make Demon Of The Fall the national anthem. That would end all wars...and guns. :p

As far as the new album goes, I am very exited about it, but like it is the case with my favorite bands, their current albums never grow old and I could wait even five years for a new album without getting tired of the ones they have already done.

Their music is like wine...it gets better with time.

I like them so much I made a PC case painted with them in mind
opeth9o.jpg

opeth9q.jpg

Check it out!
http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/opeth/367500-opeth-tribute-pc-case.html

Opeths music and music is great for averybody. Its good for the soul the mind and the body, and I appreciate. Army and guns destroy music, soul, mind and the body.

Its about honor and tradition, and being a part of something bigger than yourself, not to go kill people. I personally dont agree with the war, but when youre going no where fast in your life, its a hell of a thing to be part of the military.
I'm sorry, but in my opinion honor has nothing to do with war or the military. I do understand why some people feel the need to be part of something "bigger" than yourself, but I do know I don't need that. It's everyones own choice. :)

As someone said above, 3 months blows without good music. In my opinion, that was one of the hardest parts of getting through, cause whenever I was bored before military life, I would turn on some music, and usually it would be some Opeth.
Yeah. Fortunately, I was able to listen to good music when I was in the army (yes, the military service used to be compulsory here in Sweden) when not out in the field. Opeth didn't release Orchid until a few months after I was done with my military service though, but there were other good bands to listen to to break the boredom, like Edge of Sanity.

For some reason I was never allowed to play my music through anything else than my headphones, since the heaviest song the others listened to was "Black Hole Sun", which I NEVER want to hear again.

Once again, back to the main point. Thank you Opeth for producing great tunes.
Yes. I've loved their music ever since they released Orchid and have listened to their albums for countless hours. Thank you Opeth!

thank you for enlightening me ;) but you should start looking into what problems European countries have, and what problems the US has ... not comparable in the slightest bit. but I'm not defending Europe, plenty of stupid people out here, but at least we don't give 'em guns and military training and don't teach 'em that "war is cool".

haha, how stereotypical.

Semper Fi dude ... or whatever. pffff. excuse me for confusing the marines with the army ... *sarcasm* totally forgot how the marines have nothing to do with all the crap going on unleashed by the US military. btw, the Hitler Jugend were described in exactly the same way as you are describing boot camp stuff ...

oh yeah: opeth rule ... so, now i'm on topic.

You might want to learn how to educate yourself before you start spraying everyone with the shit flowing out of your mouth. You are the dumbest fucking person I've ever encountered.