Novembers Doom Tabs

yeah, intervene was supposed to be in standard tuning on a classical guitar. ("supposed to be" as in it may be a little off- don't recall if i painstakingly tuned it beforehand. it was, however, recorded outside with actual birds chirping!)

The tuning on If Forever was different i think- i didn't play anything on that track, but Larry did something funky with the tuning on the classical gtr part for that i think.
Silly Vito only watches Outer Limit videos- he doesn't write music or anything, so don't listen to him.
sarcastro.jpg

(that's Sarcastro, from The Tick)

Yeah, 'If Forever' was some crazy drone tuning I came up with one night....probably too much Jimmy Page influence going on there.

The tuning for that one is like, A-A-A-A-B-E, if I recall correctly. Your heaviest string is tuned way down to low A, then your 5th string is tuned to A standard, then the 4th string is also tuned to A standard, and then the 3rd string is tuned up from G to A, and the 2nd and 1st strings are left at standard B and E. It's not a hard song to play, but its a bitch to keep properly intonated.

As far as I know, that's the only different tuning used on To Welcome The Fade, other than our usual drop B flat tuning.

Yeah, 'If Forever' was some crazy drone tuning I came up with one night....probably too much Jimmy Page influence going on there.

The tuning for that one is like, A-A-A-A-B-E, if I recall correctly.

Aaaaargh..... That tuning really hurts...... Poor thing me :loco:, I was trying to play "If Forever" and was wondering WHY my fingers got berserk trying to catch what I thought I heard listening to the song LOL
Could you please tab out "If Forever" and "Twilight Innocence"? Sorry if I`m asking too much :)

Love and respect

Kyra

I thought we had some tab floating around on here somewhere for "Twilight Innocence".....

Just FYI, I'm starting to put up videos of myself playing bits and pieces of ND songs that people have requested, so they can see/hear how I'm playing it. It's not tab but could still be a helpful guide when learning the songs. My account name on YouTube is NvmbrsDoom5.

Thanks a lot, I`ll try to catch those floating tabs in mid-air :) and thanks, I definitely will follow your Youtube channel! Yes, seeing how the songs are played really helps a lot! Still, tabs are also of help in general, especially when the tuning is not standard. That was my basic problem with the GP tabs I found in the Outside World for "Twilight Innocence", I think - though sounding very nice - they are not all in all accurate.

Thanks, with love

Kyra

I posted The Dark Host Guitar Pro bass tab on ultimate guitar for anyone who might be interested. This is note for note how I play the song. (but slightly different than how I recorded it cause I recorded in a different tuning.) I could make the album version available too if anyone actually cared enough to want it. I have pretty much everything that I've played with ND tabbed out (for bass) in Guitar Pro. Just let me know if you're interested in something.

http://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/n/novembers_doom/the_dark_host_guitar_pro.htm