Novembre is pretty hard to get into..?

Detric

Banned
Mar 16, 2004
Stralia`!
Did you guys like their music right away? A user from the board sended me some songs and I just couldnt get into them for some reason. I thought they were okay at first, but my love for this band kept growing and growing...Then I got Classica and couldnt stop listening to it. Then I bought Dreams d`Azur and it was also a kick ass album. But I would like to know where you heard of this band, and if you guys also had a hard time getting into them, as me...Cause it took me some months before I could really enjoy their music 100%, but I dont know why... :)

this happened to me too.I had heard good things about Novembre so I tried to listen to them..I think I listened to Classica at first,and I didn't like it at all.then after some months i listened to Novembrine waltz -don't know why actually- and i found it interesting..and then it became more and more interesting to me..so I listened to Classica again and I found it wonderful..and I started loving them :D

so yes I think they're quite hard to get into :D

Welcome Detric!

A friend of mine told me he had just arrived from a kreator+moonspell+novembre show and recommended them and I stole a couple of songs from audiogalaxy - flower and my starving bambina...they were nice, listened to them like twice...and kept them on disk...a few days later I had the urge to listen to them again, I was just getting into opeth and katatonia back then and was getting into the type of music who used clean vox more than growls and still had quite a heavy atmosphere in it...and after I listened to these songs for a couple of hours in repeat, I downloaded all their albums in just one day. Each music I heard, the more I was lost into their sound. It was like an evolving process....the songs grown and grown. :)

I first listened to Classica, a friend passed it to me and I started to like it but most of all My Starving Bambina, I fell in love with that song... The album itself was very good but difficult to be remembered in every single part, and Classica is still like that for me however... some months later I listened to Novembrine Waltz, 'cause of my ex-girlfriend so I probably could appreciate it at his highest levels, and since then I checked out Arte Novecento (I always had the tape in car in that period) and the others. Now I've become a little maniac, I collected Catacomb stuff (even an old bootleg), Arte Novecento longsleeve and Novembrine Waltz jacket, then I took Demian K project, I found In Deum Maledicus (Peppe Orlando black metal project, 1995) cd and some days ago I got the Oceana release... I don't know if I'll start to collect even the releases where Novembe members just appear as guest, they're so much...

I first listened to "Wish...", back in 1996. I read amazing reviews and interviews on various italian magazines, so when I found the album in a shop in Milan I bought it immediately! Then came "Arte Novecento", "Classica", "Novembrine Waltz", "Dreams d'Azur"... I bought all these album the first day they arrived in stores...

Wow Spectral! So you are a fan from the first album of the band! i also listened for the first time the Classica album 4 years ago then eventually Wish I could dream it again, and Novembrine Waltz. until recently Arte Novecento. I'm in love of this band!!!
Why they are so special? they are unique!!!

Novembre is IMO a band, you need to give some time...And then suddenly you will understand how great they really are. Thats what happend to me.