Novembre

tribune

New Metal Member
May 16, 2004
Just curious if any peeps here like them. I've been listening recently to their albums "Classica", "Dreams D'Azur", and "Novembrine Waltz" and have been :headbang: ing ever since. I'd describe it as progressive atmospheric death metal with a lot of mediterranean/ocean imagery.

They're a strange band they have some really interesting parts to their music and occasionally moments of :headbang: but I just find them a bit dull...

Haha, yeah, it doesn't have much to do with the rest of the album. I rather like it now, though...it's really pretty good on its own terms, it just sounds nothing like the rest of the cd. I like it a lot more than the original version if nothing else. :D

Novembrine waltz is probably one of the most ideal boring albums I've ever heard in metal. Jesus...better than all Opeth except mayh? haha. That's interesting though, society has many differences and it's fascinating. I think "Classica" is a good album and "wish I could dream it again" is allright...but this band has nothing over Opeth I'm sorry. cheers.

FUBAR said:
They're a strange band they have some really interesting parts to their music and occasionally moments of :headbang: but I just find them a bit dull...

Pretty much hit the nail on the head here. I've wanted to get into them for a while, but I just get bored listening to their albums o_O

I only have Wish I Could Dream It Again... and it makes me want to check out their later albums -- I think I might really enjoy them. And I'm glad to hear that they are back together. It would be nice to see them tour, preferably with an awesome deathlike band.

"Novembrine Waltz" is excellent, IMHO. To me they are more doomy than proggy; I hear Anathema and Katatonia more than anything, although the atmosphere that they evoke is similar to Opeth. Like Opeth, they have this ability to be soothing even when they are death grunting with distorted guitars...not an easy feat!

I remember hearing "Come Pierrot" years ago on the old mp3.com and being blown away by it. I couldn't find the album until much later and when I did the track wasn't as breathtaking as I had remembered. Still like it, though, and I dig the rest of the record.

They recently signed to Peaceville, if I'm not mistaken, and are finishing up a new album now.