Novembre's Dreams de Azur!

Yeah, it's quite great but my favorite song from it "Sirens in Filth" is better in the old one I think. Anyway, Novembre is a great band, I have all their cds and all of them are fabulous. I also have their "Catacomb" era 2nd demo "The Return of the Ark".

I was just listening to their second demo(under the name of "Catacomb") "Return of the Ark". The lyrics are long but in the song it sounds like he isn't singing those at all, he just says things like "Uuuarrrgghhh" and "Blearrrhhggh". It' .kin' funny!

Originally posted by Charlie E.
Argh Siren's in Filth is my favourite too, and hearing that the old one is better is not good news :(
Where did you get ahold of Catacomb? Is it available somewhere?

I got it from ebay. I might post the mp3s sometime(if I can find somewhere to store them).

IMO, Novembre is ONLY second to Opeth (almost equal!)....they are such a remarkable band! I own Classica & Novembrine Waltz (like them both equally!) and I downloaded the song, "The Dream of the Old Boats" from Dreams d'Azur and I must say, it is perhaps better than anything off those albums so that is a good sign for me.....damn I love those "whispering" vocals he does in that song! The song is so, atmospheric and emotional....and those growls are stunning, man!

Fuck I want this album, and I'm getting it....RIGHT NOW, from The End. There's no way it can possibly disappoint.

where can i download the "i dream of boats" from from Dreams d'Azur

ive got the original version. i need to heard the new!

Originally posted by Thorns of Sorrow
I had no idea Carmelo plays 7 string guitars, I never heard any 7 on their albums, well i guess maybe on Classica...I dunno, and a Steve Vai universe 7 string no less, odd.

well its easy to tell they play in B, so either they played 7 strings or tuned down a fourth. i was also mildly surprised to find that they used 7ers.

Yeah, it's pretty clear they use seven strings. The most obvious example of this is in "come pierrot" at 1:51. They have that riff that involves hitting the open b and e strings, and when the bass of the chord changes to f# you can tell that it's played on a really heavy gauge string. Also, they wouldn't have been able to reach to play that riff without a seventh string seeing as how the other fretted notes are played on the sixth and eighth frets. Yeah...I only know this cause I tabbed out the dumb song. But yeah, if you're looking for it, you can tell right there that they use seven strings. I don't think there's a single example of a note lower than E on classica, however....as for novembrine waltz it's all over the place, including the entrance on distances and a few of the riffs on everasia and then much of the outro on come pierrot is down on B and C#. HARDCORE! If any of you want to see it, my tab for come pierrot's on www.powertabs.net...it's kinda lacking a few layers of guitar towards the end though.