Dreams

~Zeanra~

Tandtroll
Nov 1, 2001
es-POO, Finland
If you see dreams while sleeping,do you remember them when you wake up? I've talked about this with my friends and they say they don't remember anything. I don't know why but I remember every dream I see,I even remember some from my childhood. So how is it with you..? I'm curious.

Hmmm...i rembmer only my last dream, and not all the time.
I think that if you wake up in the middle of a dream , then you remember it...thats how it happens for me mostly. :)

I remember a great deal of it immediately after I wake up, but soon it's all gone.
Sometimes the dream seems so real that I belive the (often terrible) things that happened in my dream happened in reality...

There have been a few dreams in my life that remain to this day crystal clear. Other than that, bits and pieces of dreams stay with me, albiet fuzzy most of the time.

Originally posted by Oyo
I often confuse dreams with reality, and sometimes I actually dream what will happen in reality before it happens (seriously, and no I can't explain how that could be possible)
Hmm..don't know either..I have a lot of déjà-vu's...I think there's only been few times when my dream has come true,but it hasn't been excatly like in the dream...

Great topic!! I love dreams!
My dreams are very alive, and I like trying to find
out what they mean and why I dreamt them.
This way I find out a lot of things about myself,
and things I am scared of etc. It's a great way to
find out what your problems are in life.

I usually remember my dreams when I wake up in
the morning, then they are gone for a couple of
hours, until something in my everyday life reminds
me of what I dreamt.
It's like lightning, old memories coming back...
I have never had a real nightmare, never had any
scary dreams that I can remember...
But latly my dreams have become very intense...

I had a period a while back when I mixed my
dreams with reality. It was pretty scary.
I couldn't tell the difference...
In that period I was very stressed, and was afraid I
was going to lose my mind! >:eek:P

Some dreams from my childhood will stay with me
for the rest of my life, even though I don't think they
have a meaning. When I'm dead I might find out >:eek:)

Dreams are.... Wierd to say the least. When I wake up after a bad dream expecially the falling ones I sigh of relieve but I hate waking up after good dreams. :rolleyes:

Sometimes dreams are twice as good as your life, and then you wake up from them and it makes you feel bad because you have to leave that greatness behind. And sometimes, it's the other way around, I had this weird dream where my teeth were all messed-up, decayed, and crooked, and I felt terrible because I couldn't look at my self, I then woke up and was happy to find my teeth in place :D Dreams are very interesting to me, because there is so little known about them, and it's strange that you can barely remember them. It's also strange when you ask yourself something like.. "I know I've already done [something], I remember doing it, no wait, that was just a dream." That kind of thing happens to me all the time.

I never remember my dreams :cry:

that sucks.. it has been like that since almost a year! I used to dream a lot, at least, remember a lot!
but now...

I don't really ever remember my dreams. I usually remember them right after but forget them eventually. Most of my dreams are just roaming dreams where I am in a random place with people who don't really belong there. Most dreams are me in school just walking around doing absolutely nothing. I guess this just means I think about school too much and stress about it too much.

I wish I had more dreams and could remember them. I would possibly find out a lot about myself and be able to change those things if necessary. I have always been fascinated with dreams and would like to understand them better. I wonder if I could make a career out of that... :D I probably wouldn't make very much money, but I would have fun. I could sleep all the time and analyze myself.

I usually find myself having more dreams when I wake up early in the morning before I usually get up and fall back asleep. In those several hours before I have to get up is usually when I have my most vivid dreams. It's like I am closer to reality but still asleep and not quite there.

Very interesting post...Dreams have always fascinated me. :p

NP: Unicorn - Hiding Again

I always remember my dreams, like many people however after awhile it is all forgotten. Except a dream I had a few nights ago. I had what I think was a paralysis dream. In my dream, I woke up in my bed but was unable to get up. I was completely paralyzed and I heard a deafening humming noise. The strange part was that I was experiencing a lot of pain, and believe me it felt real, I felt like I was dying. When I woke up I wasn’t sure if it was a dream or not, I was sweating and my heart was beating quite fast, it scared the shit out of me.

I remember each and every one of my dreams. Sometimes I wish I didn't:cry:. But the ones I like I'm very glad I remember.

Ah, well, you know what they say, they good with the bad and all that ;)

I used to remember almost all my dreams when I was younger, but nowadays I remember only the dreams what I see just before I wake up. But I think they are part dream part fantasy. The kind what I can control... I still remember a few dreams from my childhood when I was 4 years old. I also remember the place where I saw them quite exactly, the places of the furniture, rooms etc. Though I only spent a few days there in the summer seventeen years ago. Weird.
The dreams were kind of disturbing. That's why I remember them I think...

Originally posted by Oyo
I often confuse dreams with reality, and sometimes I actually dream what will happen in reality before it happens (seriously, and no I can't explain how that could be possible)

You're not the only one.....i do the same around 3 years ago and i don't really know why it happens to me. I almost always remember my last dreams, mainly since it have happened, but sometimes it's freaking me out, i've started to confuse even reality with dreams, and it's scareing me a little bit....

Lately I haven't been sleeping so well,lot of stress and stuff. Before that I had a lond peroid when I only saw nightmares,sometimes I even scared to go to sleep. And they felt very real. The most common was that someone was chasing me,and that someone wanted to kill me and I just ran and ran. I remember a time when I woke up screaming; that was scary,I was so confused,didn't know which was reality and which was dream. So night after night I ran away from someone who wanted me death.

Another quite common was that I was in a unknown place. I had no idea where I was,and why I was there. There were some people and I tried to ask them help,but they didn't hear me or see me. Then syddenly I was alone in that place. I ran like a crazy,in panic, everywhere trying to find someone,but no. Then I usually woke up,feeling weird and lonely.

Probably the most scariest dream I've ever seen is where one of my best friends tried to kill me. It happened in a car,she was sitting next to me. She tried to strangle me to death and I couldn't escape,the doors were all locked. And she was smiling. Oh,and she was a vampire :err: That dream scared the hell out of me. I've also seen dreams where my friends and my relatives die.

Is there something wrong with me? :s

I've tried to find answers from books,what do these dreams mean. But there isn't good answers,only few words,and I want more.

Very rarely, and when I do remember them, only for the first few minutes after waking up, then they get very vague. For awhile, I used to keep paper and a pencil by my bedside so I could take notes about them to throw into my ramblings at a later time...

My dreams are usually interesting in their surreality, but otherwise insignificant (nothing huge ever happens, or nothing that I can read much into as it pertains to my life).

This is indeed a very interesting thread :cool:

I usually don't remember my dreams....I onky do so when they are strange or very emotional or overwhelming...
In that case I usually remember some slight details when i wake up and suddenly in the middle of the day i manage to remember the rest of the dream... Strange,but...

The dreams I usually remember,I tend to forget them after some days...
BUT still I can remember some dreams.. a couple of them from my childhood...:eek: especially this dream about the earthquake gives me the creeps... brrrrr

And just like Blackspirit,I like "studying" the dreams I can remember,since i believe there is a connection between our thoughts/fears/beliefs,happenings or news we've heard of and our dreams,even though this connection is sometimes not so obvious

Dreams are cool = ))

"Returned from a hibernal dream. Voices fell like marble. No longer by my side. Gone, all that would linger".
I also study my dreaming state with an almighty passion!
I recall a while ago dreaming I was riding a horse deeper and deeper down into the ocean! Like that was not screaming an out of control period in my life. Poor drowning horse. It had a lot to do with security in my job I think. Or lack of should I say.
I agree dreams are an excellent way to discover more about you.
Perhaps before you go to bed, remind yourself that you WILL remember your dreams? With repetition it may work? heh

yeah, i do sometimes, and quite a bit recently, only i only realise they're dreams on my way to school usually, and sometimes get upset when they aren't real, i think oh shit, i wish that had happened or sometimes am glad it didn't.

the wierdest dream was when a dart went into my forehead, i think it was a few years ago, and it felt so real and i straightaway woke up with a fucking heart attack and a heavy head, it felt like, i cant explain.