Dreams

Steven

Jun 20, 2003
Visit site
Tell me about your dreams. Rarely recalling mine, you see, I'd like to live vicariously through yours. The last dream I recall was in '95 or thereabouts; I solely remember driving down the highway in a lorry with assorted members of Cannibal Corpse at night. I don't remember what were doing, or where we were going.
When I was young, I had traumatic dreams; often, for example, I would see people in my family, and when I touched them they'd crumble.
I always wanted to be awake WITHIN a dream. I think it was Anathema who sparked that... "Iiiiiiii'm dreaming and I AM awaaaaaake...."

Is there something one can do to promote the generation of dreams (aside from eating a curry at 3 AM) ?
Tell me now! I am sick of dream-less nights!

I quite often found myself being a cartoon character in my dreams. It's somekinda girly mouse.

Otherwise it's constant falling and fucking and the other horrors of the world so you're not missing anything.

ah,don't get me started...since i remember myself i've been seeing metaphysical nightmares.only.take all horror movies that involve spirits,the devil,all kinds of mischievious creatures and put them in the scenery of Dark City(the movie)and you have my approximate dreamworld.

Some of them are lucid(when you realise you are dreaming like)too,so with the years,there has been a level of scenario-control level achieved.i've been recording quite a lot of them,in case they help in some future analysis.

My boyfriend asked me the other day"isnt it great that feeling,waking up in the morning and feeling great?".thinking about it i felt so hollow,as i always wake up with a constant mood of fear and exhaustion or even corporal pain,as 90% of times there is a battle and escape attempt involved.sounds crazy but its no shit,hehe:(but i've learned to live with it,so most of times its ok.

as far as i remember,i have only had one,short bright dream,in which i felt completely safe.but just one,last year:(

i've asked a doctor about what can i do about it,but it was no good.a person that deals with more alternative methods about the human soul/brain etc told me that it might be due to my past Karma,that i have all this perturbation in my sleep.And that the fact that i always end up slaughtering these malice creatures with ancient weapons(swords etc),never guns,may mean that i was a kind of Warrior in a past life,maybe connected to Wales,but also adviced me to stay away from hypnotists,so i'll never know for sure:(:(

and yeah thats where my nick comes from somnium in tenebris=a dream in the dark(ness)

and after this misty confession.lets cry all together 1,2,3 :boohoooooooooooooo:(

i usually dream kind of action movies with chasing and guns and miraculous escapes.. and i often dream about close future. like the day of 911 in the morning i dreamt about planes and another time I also did about a crash when it happened somewhere near here. is it normal? :)
when i was a kid i dreamt about flying on the streets near my home in the inner city, and I always were scared of running into electric wires of tram and lights.. in my dream i knew people couldn't fly but I was a person who somehow found out how to do it, and for minutes after I awoke I still had this feeling of such knowledge.

The other night - or it might have been during the day actually - I had a right weird 'un. I was at some sort of outdoor water re-processing plant, full of rivers, channels, high walls and deep water and that, and was standing on one of the runway things that the channels run through.

On the one opposite, was Spiderman, and some little kid, about 5 years old or so. Spiderman looked like Spiderman looks (not, I hasten to add, that I have *any* interest in Spiderman whatsoever), except for not having any eyes. This boy looked up at Spiderman and said in one of those small child voices, "but Spiderman, you have no eyes! How you can see if you haven't got any eyes?"

Then Spiderman bent down a little bit, stared at the kid (like, "stared", without eyes, anyway, but... y'know) - and there was all electricity crackling noises and hum and buzz and shit, and the kids eyes dissolved off his face, like one of those pixellation-transition crossfades you get on cheapo camcorders, and appeared - exactly the same - on Spiderman's face instead. I think I woke up then... either that, or the scene changed to me being in a car at some sort of spaghetti-junction motorway bridge lane mess thing.

Is it, like, "proper", to dream such fucked up shit, or? Fuck.

it reminds me of a tv-commercial in which people had no eyes until the end.. i think it was an ad for some tv brand.. or a car? projection tvs? dunno

I had the same dream for a few times. (like 5 years ago)
there is a forest burning near our house. and between the house and the forest there's a field with grain. now the grain gets burning as well. so my dad blows on a whistle and shouts 'go away go away' hahaha hilaric :lol:

I'm still in the faze of pubirty. Don't get me started, you all know what i dream!

... but I also have 'normal' dreams. They're more.... more... spiritual... I contemplate about things a lot, often about stupid things (shit, theorys and stuff), mathematical stuff (I LOVE math) and at last the very meaning of life sometimes. The more normal dreams are mostly about the very meaning of life and sometimes even love (without the pubirty stuff involved)..