Dreams, Nightmares

Lordlucid

Warning: Contains Alcohol
Mar 20, 2004
Ukiah, California.
Have any of you had such vivid dreams that you actually thought you were awake.
I had a dream that all my friends died in a rocketship crash. No joke, I actually thought it was real. I woke up in a cold sweat wondering what the hell.

I have them every night nearly. Last night I had a dream where I had to play football (the british kind) against some allstar player and win, or he wouldnt give me the antidote to whatever he'd poisoned me with. :cry:

i very rarely have dreams that i remember, or dream at all. once in every couple months.

wow...
I dream a lot, even when I sleep during the day. I think I only had a real nightmare once. my dreams are pleasant in 98 % of the cases. OK, there is one dream that repeats every few months, but that's been repeating since I was 9 and it's connected to a phobia I have (not that I would know the origin of that unjustified fear).

My dreams are fucked up. Besides that I have Sleep Paralysis/Night Terrors which are very strange, though you know you can't be harmed it feels like the first time everytime it happens. You can't say to yourself it's ok. They are sinister as hell and annoying at the same time.

i dream like that every night. it does me no good to bathe at night since i'm just gonna need a shower when i wake up covered in sweat.
last night it was a dream about going to a costume party (i went as janis jopin wtf), it was at a mall. all of a sudden mice and huge maggots start attacking from the ceiling. EVERYWHERE. and outside too, from the sky. so that dream was basically just trying to find a place where they couldn't get through.
i occasionally have sleep paralysis, but thats only momentarily.

ct_thrash said:
i dream like that every night. it does me no good to bathe at night since i'm just gonna need a shower when i wake up covered in sweat.
last night it was a dream about going to a costume party (i went as janis jopin wtf), it was at a mall. all of a sudden mice and huge maggots start attacking from the ceiling. EVERYWHERE. and outside too, from the sky. so that dream was basically just trying to find a place where they couldn't get through.
i occasionally have sleep paralysis, but thats only momentarily.
About a month ago, I had a dream that there were all these maggots in my hair...

For the past 2 nights I haven't remembered my dreams, which is always a good thing for me. The other night, I had a dream that I was in a family going to a concentration camp during the Holocaust. My dreams are always serious wtf-things like that. Really fucking crazy, weird, random stuff.

I can't remember if this is concrete information, but I'm told that people often dream because of a lack of activity in their daily lives. So your brain pulls things from your memory and thoughts while you sleep and throws them together and you dream in order to have some sort of mental stimulation.

Wolftribe said:
could someone inform me what "sleep paralysis" is?

The disorder known as "sleep paralysis" occurs when the brain is awakened from a REM state into essentially a normal fully awake state, but the bodily paralysis is still occurring. This causes the person to be fully aware, but unable to move. In addition, this state is usually accompanied by certain specific kinds of hallucinations. This state usually lasts no more than two minutes before a person is able to either return to full REM sleep or to become fully awake, though the sense of how much time has gone by is often distorted during sleep paralysis. People who are fortunate enough to be facing a clock while having an episode may often be surprised to see how little time has gone by during an episode that seems to last a very long time.
stuff like feeling a presence, pressure on body, or imending sense of doom/death is usually what the hallucination is

copied from a site, not my own writing =P

Those dreams, the really real feeling ones, freak me out. Ive had a few of them, where you wake up and your all freaked out because your not sure where you are... and if theres someone in bed, or in the room with you you ask them really dumb things like "Are the aliens gone yet?" and theyre like what the hell? It takes a good 10 minutes to realize it was just a dream sometimes.... or was it a dream? Its freaky.
Mine are usually about aliens... or being late for work.

the_drip said:
I can't remember if this is concrete information, but I'm told that people often dream because of a lack of activity in their daily lives. So your brain pulls things from your memory and thoughts while you sleep and throws them together and you dream in order to have some sort of mental stimulation.

Haha that certainly explains my life

eh, my dreams are usually pretty disturbing, or I just don't remember them.
The worst one I had was a few years ago, and I dreamed about nuclear holocaust. I survived, but my parents didn't. I remember waking up crying and practically convulsing and my parents heard me and ran into my room. This dream was super lucid, so I thought it was real, and I felt like my parents were dead for probably a month afterward.

I've also had one of those sleep paralysis dreams where something grabbed my ankles and jerked me. I swear that I was awake, though :confused:

The strangest dream I've ever had occurred when I was, oh, 9 or 10. It invovled talking animals of varying species. They were gathered around a massive stump in a forest clearing at night. They began to chant and pass around a chalice filled with blood. Then I woke up. That wasn't a nightmare exactly, but I intend to write a story about it eventually, it has stuck with me all these years.