Now Playin' (It was just a matter of time...)

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Someone on this thread said NIN's Downward Spiral was a good album...

Someone wrote a dissertation on The Downward Spiral...

It's probably the worst pop-"industrial" album ever, a total waste of space by a man with no original ideas of his own. Listen to Skinny Puppy, Front Line Assembly, Einsturzende Neubauten, or any of the good industrial bands over that pap, it's for the best.

np: Ephel Duath - The Passage

LuminousAether said:
Someone wrote a dissertation on The Downward Spiral...
It's probably the worst pop-"industrial" album ever, a total waste of space by a man with no original ideas of his own. Listen to Skinny Puppy, Front Line Assembly, Einsturzende Neubauten, or any of the good industrial bands over that pap, it's for the best.

:wave: It's an opinion, and it's just as valid as yours :) I listen to, along with most other genres (yes, including some pop) all the bands you have mentioned, plus other's you would consider "good" industrial. It strikes me you are very insecure about your own taste in music, hence feel the need to take an elitist stance towards artists you don't like.. Feel free to prove me wrong here, but where else does your belief of superiority come from?

I should also like to point out that no-one here claimed NIN wasn't influenced by pop - why would we, it's quite clear in NIN's sound. And of course, Delerium who play very pop influenced trance and have had a number one hit are formed by Rhys Fuller and Bill Leeb of Frontline Assembly, a band I am also a great fan of. There's nothing wrong with dabbling in pop.

Hence may I suggest that you grow up and deal with your insecurities, and not take them out on others. Rather than appearing "cool" as you may think it does, the majority of people who aren't suffering from the same shortcomings in confidence as you just think it looks moronic :)

Kthxbye

LuminousAether said:
I've listened to that album countless times over the past 9 years and every time I put it on I hear something I missed the previous 4,873 times.

I can't be expected to listen to Kraftwerk ALL the time ya know... ;)

NP: Porcupine Tree - In Absentia

New Delerium is horrid tripe. Karma was an ok album, but it sounded more like new age than poppy trance. They haven't been really good since Spheres though, back when they were dark ambient.

And I don't pretend superiority over anything in this scene except for NIN, which is pure whiny teenage angst music with some decent production by Flood (if it weren't for Flood, Trent would still be sucking on Ogre's balls).

np: At the Drive-In - Napolean Solo