Now Playing? NP

Originally posted by Mocika
Dvergmål

Good God!!! That's the first I've ever heard any mention of Dvergmål on a metal bb, although it makes sense that it would be on this one. I picked up Visoer og Kvadet fra Blåberglandet when I saw them at my college in 1996. I've never been able to find anything else by them.

NP-----King Crimson: In the Court of the Crimson King

Originally posted by TravisW
Good God!!! That's the first I've ever heard any mention of Dvergmål on a metal bb, although it makes sense that it would be on this one. I picked up Visoer og Kvadet fra Blåberglandet when I saw them at my college in 1996. I've never been able to find anything else by them.
That`s the album I have too;) Nice to meet somebody else who knows them:)

Dvergmål does straight-up Norwegian folk music. I don't know if they're still together. The primary arranger for the group was Oyonn Groven Myren. I know she still does some singing around the Oslo area, but don't know about the others anymore. I think Jon was a med student when I met them, so he's probably a doctor somewhere.

Originally posted by TravisW
Dvergmål does straight-up Norwegian folk music. I don't know if they're still together.

First off this sure sounds like a really interesting band!
Secondly; ”Det er vel berre Dvergmål her i landet som
kan skape ny folkemusikk av ein
slik kvalitet” Tore Skaug, Kvinten nr. 3/2002.

"It can only be Dvergmål in this country that can create
new folkmusic of a different quallity"

It's from 2002 so this must mean they are still together?
I can't find any other info on them though, and certainly
no music.... :eek:/ I want to hear them!!

@Blackspirit
I'm certain that at some point you could at least hear Øyonn Groven Myhren somewhere in Oslo, unless her live performances have gone down in number somewhat in the last 5 years.
At any rate, one of the members of the group was/is Jon Anders Halvorsen. He's a pretty nice guy (granted, I only chatted with him for about 20 minutes or so). You can find more about him at http://www.rfod.se/noreg/detail.asp?lang=EN&Nr=871
I'm sure he'd be happy to let you know a thing or two about Dvergmal, and I'm quite certain that he'd be surprised that they were being discussed on a rather extreme metal band's bulletin board.

@Blackspirit: Just a few words from the booklet:
'On this recording we meet song traditions from east and west Norway. ... They play Hardanger fiddle, Norwegian dulcimer, jew's harp and willow flute. ... In 1996 Dvergmål worked with texts of the poet and language complier Ivar Aasen. ...'
Very nice album!